PDA

View Full Version : Claydon Live

Keith Oakley
10-Sep-10, 12:00 PM
Greetings from Claydon House. 3G Broadband speeds seem ok so tomorrow we will aim to bring you Live UK National Championship racing at www.hover-racing.org (http://www.hover-racing.org) First race scheduled to start at 1300 UK time.
Keith

Keith Oakley
11-Sep-10, 09:35 AM
Its showery and breezy this morning but expected to clear when racing starts at 1300
Keith

TechieRoss
11-Sep-10, 10:50 AM
Hello from Amsterdam!

Sorry I couldn't be there or arrange any kit, been a bit up against it catching up from the World's etc!

I only have a single megabit of bandwidth out here shared between all on the stand so i may have to defect to David's Suitcase.tv stand to see if his is better! (and say hello if he ever if free when i can wander past!)

Looking forward to watching the racing! (and in particular Littlepaul's possible first outing in Novices)

Ross

atters
11-Sep-10, 11:07 AM
I'll be watching. see you at 1

atters
11-Sep-10, 12:00 PM
has it started yet, I am still getting the replays only

wildcatgill1338
11-Sep-10, 12:17 PM
hi barry im still only gtin replays

wildcatgill1338
11-Sep-10, 12:52 PM
Greetings from Claydon House. 3G Broadband speeds seem ok so tomorrow we will aim to bring you Live UK National Championship racing at www.hover-racing.org (http://www.hover-racing.org) First race scheduled to start at 1300 UK time.
Keith
hi keith todays race is not coming through it is still showin replays from i think its southampton why is this

sorgatz
11-Sep-10, 01:00 PM
Hi Keith,

Same result for me. Site is playing a rerun of past event, dont see any live racing.

Tell everyone I said hello, and have fun!

Chris

Hoverbucks
11-Sep-10, 01:04 PM
Same here- nothing live as of 14:00 GMT.
Terry Chapman

TechieRoss
11-Sep-10, 01:05 PM
Am attempting to get in contact with people onsite to find out why not!!

Ross

Keith Oakley
11-Sep-10, 01:17 PM
OOps - mea culpa - a fault on my page!! Refresh the page and you should see a live video now
Keith

wildcatgill1338
11-Sep-10, 01:25 PM
Hi Keith,

Same result for me. Site is playing a rerun of past event, dont see any live racing.

Tell everyone I said hello, and have fun!

Chris
hi chris i thought it was my pc,so its nt only mine then thnk god,

Hoverbucks
11-Sep-10, 01:29 PM
Feed is good here now.
Terry Chapman

wildcatgill1338
11-Sep-10, 01:32 PM
oops - mea culpa - a fault on my page!! Refresh the page and you should see a live video now
keith
hi keith its now showin replays of gang weirlywhats goin on

Keith Oakley
11-Sep-10, 01:34 PM
Despite the fact it says Gang Warily its live from Claydon!
Keith

wildcatgill1338
11-Sep-10, 01:36 PM
am attempting to get in contact with people onsite to find out why not!!

Ross
hi keith now pic but sound is distorted

Keith Oakley
11-Sep-10, 01:40 PM
Sound should be ok now - wkg on background mic now
K

sorgatz
11-Sep-10, 01:58 PM
ok, I see a live feed now!

rawson5405
11-Sep-10, 02:05 PM
no problem here in wisbech racing looks good.Have they moved the camping .coming tomorrow and dont want to go in wrong gate.
Roger

rawson5405
11-Sep-10, 02:06 PM
Camera 2. switch off the info in the bottom corner. By the way its 2010 not 1992 Ha Ha

Keith Oakley
11-Sep-10, 02:14 PM
Thanks Roger - can you show us how to do it. Fighting multiple faults here but currently showning earlier racing without sound during paddock open
Keith

sorgatz
11-Sep-10, 02:21 PM
Racing conditions look great! Is there a high wind, I'm noticing the transition off water looks slower?

As usual Keith, great job sending out video to the world, thanks!!

rawson5405
11-Sep-10, 02:39 PM
Thanks Roger - can you show us how to do it. Fighting multiple faults here but currently showning earlier racing without sound during paddock open
Keith
Hi Keith Only Joking. great job coming over very well. Commentry loud and clear improving every meeting. Replay during break ok. Looking forward to second session although wife not happy as i should be working.Ha Ha .

rawson5405
11-Sep-10, 03:08 PM
great camera work now .pictures clear and actualy following the craft brilliant job.Thats if you require feed back on how its going. Tell the Director great job from all involved.

Keith Oakley
11-Sep-10, 03:31 PM
Thanks for feedback,+ or - !!
Keith

Keith Oakley
11-Sep-10, 04:13 PM
Just had Jonas from Sweden, the Chief Casualty from the Worlds, join us for a while. Paul Hibbard has sprung him from hospital for the afternoon. Hes walking with crutches and hopes to go home at the end of this week. We all wish him well.
Keith

Keith Oakley
11-Sep-10, 05:05 PM
Racing has ended early due to a red flag incident requiring the air ambulance. Join us again tomorrow for more racing from 1130am UK time. We hope to have more cameras and we are promised better weather!
Keith

datkins
11-Sep-10, 11:08 PM
Ross and I fianlly spoke, have fun see you all at Jakes

Keith Oakley
12-Sep-10, 08:59 AM
Greetings from a sunny Claydon. Having been airlifted to hospital last night for checks Broni Black was back fit and well in time for the Wild West Party.
The two races lost at the end of yesterday will be run at the end of practise this morning. Our coverage will start with normal racing at 1130am
I've fixed the fault on the live page (and several others) so if you refresh the page you should see it. Points and laptimes from sat are available, click on buttons at top of live page.
Keith

sorgatz
12-Sep-10, 01:16 PM
should be 2pm there, but no stream on the Net....

sorgatz
12-Sep-10, 01:19 PM
all racing info has been moved over to the French event next weekend

Keith Oakley
12-Sep-10, 01:46 PM
I'm watching it live on www.hover-racing.org (http://www.hover-racing.org) - try refreshing your browser!!
Keith

Keith Oakley
12-Sep-10, 01:48 PM
Ok there is a prob - I'll come back
Keith

Keith Oakley
12-Sep-10, 01:52 PM
Sorted- refresh your browser and it should work. Plse report back
Keith

sorgatz
12-Sep-10, 01:56 PM
yes Keith, it's showing you guys now. Also seeing the onscreen craft placement which I like!

gaz
12-Sep-10, 02:47 PM
i have lost the feed, refresh does not help. have tried both sites.

atters
12-Sep-10, 02:57 PM
Well done boys, great job. Till next time.

Pity about them F1's, guess I had better make it big here to fill up the field a bit. Give Dan something to chase. :p

Keith Oakley
12-Sep-10, 03:09 PM
I can still see a good feed on my return path
Keith

gaz
12-Sep-10, 03:19 PM
i have loged out and shut the browser (ie8) restarted it and loged back in, all i get is "stream not found ELSLIVE" not to worry i guess its all about over. next time eh!

TechieRoss
12-Sep-10, 03:20 PM
I have the same here....

Philip
12-Sep-10, 05:55 PM
I have the same here....
and here, tried several times during the day, Firefox and Chrome.

Keith Oakley
13-Sep-10, 02:10 PM
Found the prob. As you will see we're now using a new improved live page (courtesy of Cathy Godicheau) but part of the ELS 'auto upload of pointstables & laptimes subsystem' was unhelpfully uploading an old (and non working) version of the page every few minutes. I couldn't understand why I fixed the prob (several times) and it kept reappearing!

My thanks to Jim Lyne, Video Director in the new 'Red Car Studios', Roger Drew, Richard Green and Jake Cooper for all their hardwork on production. Sorry many of you didn't get to see it live but its now going up on replay www.replay.raceresults.info (http://www.replay.raceresults.info) Well worth a watch!!

Claydon is an interesting course to cover - go up high and the trees get in the way, stay low and you can see under them. For the craft the medieval ploughing makes it incredibly bumpy and the wind was interesting at times. But at least now good 3G access is available there we don't have to tap into a nearby houses adsl landline as we did last year.

Off to Germany now for next weekend, lets see what technical and production challenges that throws up - DIN standard anyone......?

Keith Oakley

gaz
13-Sep-10, 02:41 PM
Thanks for all the hard work you and your team put in to bring us the races Keith, for the limited/no budget you have the results are amazing. I doubt I am alone in understanding the technical problems you have to overcome every time you bring us the races. Thank you again and it is very much appreciated