PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Storm Help

songerm
27-Sep-10, 01:52 AM
Hello from across the pond!

I have a 2007 Vortex Storm that I acquired in essentially a kit form. I purchased it from someone here in the USA that was planning to be a Vortex dealer but went out of business and I got the craft for a steal. There are no instructions, etc. and I've managed to join the upper and bottom hull sections together based on some information provided to me from the person I purchased it from. I now am to a point where I need some help with some dimensions to proceed much farther. I have tried contacting Vortex and I do not get responses to my emails, despite indicating many times I'm willing to pay for the information. Perhaps Keith just isn't big on email? Is there any Storm owners out there that wouldn't mind getting out a tape measure and taking some dimensions for me and answering a few questions from time to time?

Thanks in advance,

Marquis Songer
Terre Haute, IN USA
marquissonger@gmail.com

daly5546
27-Sep-10, 04:49 AM
Hi Marquis,

Keith has been at a race meeting all weekend. If you PM him he will answer.

Chris

songerm
27-Sep-10, 02:51 PM
Keith must have read my post and did respond. He did respond to my email, and for some reason my SPAM filters were catching them, so my apologies there.

Anyone using a 503 Rotax on their storm? I originally intended to race this machine but with the lack of racing events here in the states I decided to make it more versatile by using the 503.

Thanks,

Marquis

clarke5677
27-Sep-10, 03:55 PM
Marquis,

I'm certain Big Wayne or Coops will be along shortly, they successfully run a 503 in a storm!

Cheers

Darren Clarke

Team Nationwide F1x No. 8 (British Champion and Overall 3rd in F1!!!!) and Team Nationwide 503 No. 118

Rhi Black
27-Sep-10, 04:57 PM
We run 503s in both of our racing storms, one of them has just finished it's 4th season with a 503 in and is still going!

smallw1449
27-Sep-10, 05:18 PM
Hi Marquis

I did resend the e mail of the 19th Sept, this morning before I dashed out to work, I was supprised that you hadn't got back to me before. Spam filters can be a blessing / and / or a curse.

Let me know what other info I can help with

Cheers

Keith