PDA

View Full Version : Not for me

Al
10-Dec-10, 06:55 PM
This makes me feel ill. I affraid they couldn't pay me enough to do this.:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_n3Dln4Y74&feature=player_embedded

Winst
10-Dec-10, 07:09 PM
What happens if the building fire alarm goes off?
What happens at tea break? (Long way to the canteen)
What happens if you need a number 2!!!!!!!

Al
10-Dec-10, 07:17 PM
[QUOTE=What happens if you need a number 2!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Perhaps that's where the saying being dumped on comes from:lol:

clarke5677
10-Dec-10, 09:11 PM
What happens when you get to the top and realise you've forgotten the duct tape and cable ties?

keates5632
10-Dec-10, 09:36 PM
What a brilliant job!
A bet you're not even allowed to work because of extreme weather for 75% of the year!
Love it!!!
:cool:

KipMac
11-Dec-10, 02:04 PM
What happens if you need a number 2!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

For me, and at that height it would happen automatically on the way up.

Kip

Paul Fitz
11-Dec-10, 02:42 PM
Not for me either.

When I was a little lad (yes still little!!) and an electrical apprentice, I once worked in a water tower connecting the floats and pumps. We had to climb a hooped ladder up the side of the tower (a conical structure) along a horizontal walkway under the tank and then climb another hooped ladder up the side of the tower. From here we walked up the curved roof to the entrance trap in the middle. No problem, heights didn't bother me.

4-5 hours later when the work was finished, back out of the access trap onto the roof and..... all I could see of the ladder was 2 x 10mm thick pieces of steel poking up over the edge with a "steep" curve going down towards them and the horizon beyond.

I didn't walk down; I sat on my backside and slid 'very' slowly towards the ladder convinced that I was accelerating faster than a Ferrari.

Needless to say I made it. Heights still don't worry me, but I do tend to hold and grip a little tighter, than I did when I was 15 years old.

Al
11-Dec-10, 03:01 PM
I'm not happy with heights, but I find it easier going up than I do coming down. My biggest worry is that when I get to the top I will freeze and then some poor sod has to rescue me. I walked up a mountain earlier this year & when I was 3/4 of the way up I looked back and boy did I feel ill.:eek: I sat down for a minute or so then went a few more metres up, then looked back again.:eek::eek: That was it I had to come back down.:o I tried a few weeks later and managed to get to the top, but I had to force myself to do it. There is no way I would be able to climb that mast even if they made me a millionaire for doing it.

Nick Drew
11-Dec-10, 05:42 PM
That........is..........ridiculous!!!

There is no amount of anything in the world that could get me up there, nothing, fact!!

Jon Pert
11-Dec-10, 05:56 PM
There is no amount of anything in the world that could get me up there, nothing, fact!!

Black Lambo with a fetching set of orange stripes?

JEddy
12-Dec-10, 10:46 AM
Black Lambo with a fetching set of orange stripes?

I'll have the job for that :P

Nick Drew
12-Dec-10, 05:08 PM
oh.....how far up was it? maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all ;)

Philip
15-Dec-10, 06:58 PM
This is a little lower, only 80m, but interesting to the people who like large blades!!!