PDA

View Full Version : calling all our world champions of 2010

rhodes5577
7-Feb-11, 07:33 PM
hi,

assuming most or all of you illustrous world champions will be going to Hacketts lake race meeting can i ask if you would very kindly participate in a parade of champions at the Saturday interval between races.
the spectators arena is right on the edge of the start and finish section just after the wall of death and we plan to have you drive up gently onto the grass water frontage, stop and just spend 10 minutes letting the crowd see you up close with your craft and hopefully Barry giving a little MC time to tell the public which class you won.

its just a bit of extra interest for the crowd and whatever media is there and we are trying to do this event just a little different.

to save you losing your trophies we will get them carried to you if you dont have back up crew.

id be grateful if you can help me to make this an event folk will enjoy so next year we might be able to subsidise the racing.

let me know please if you will.

the web site is now built but will be of limits for a while longer until some contractural details are finalized.
when its up (end of march probably) we will post a note.

regards Keith Rhodes

KevinT
7-Feb-11, 08:02 PM
Hang on a mo!
I only just qualified out of Novices last year, and downloaded all the drivers rules and guidance notes. They never said anything about a wall of death.

:confused:

rhodes5577
12-Feb-11, 07:17 PM
LOL!

its not quite vertical so you will be ok Kevin.
anyway - even if someone comes off its a nice easy landing in a reed bed HAHA!
actually it's a bit of hype for the venue web site which is done ready to launch when some arrangements are finalized.
things like Mulsanne straight, davids leap and so on (the land owners name) all to make it look sexy !
i hope members will like the course. good transitions, tricky technical land and water sections and we hope to get a reasonable crowd in.
the beer tent is organised and they are doing real ale including harvest pale the UK winner this year!
so the only important item is in place!!!

coles2196/01
12-Feb-11, 09:18 PM
LOL!

the beer tent is organised and they are doing real ale including harvest pale the UK winner this year!
so the only important item is in place!!!

Umm, yummy will make a change from Pimms!! Thanks guys - will see you there!