PDA

View Full Version : Gazebo's

Brian G. Reynolds
28-Mar-11, 10:18 PM
Hi all, what is the latest thinking on pop-up gazebo's, my Sister is looking for one for use at dog/cat shows....

I know some of you have got quite strong square box section gazebo's that seem worth the money.

Mine is a little on the big side as some of you might remember!

Thanks,

B.

Ewan Black
28-Mar-11, 10:59 PM
Don't buy cheap

KipMac
29-Mar-11, 07:13 AM
I second that. Cheap ones fall to bits.

Kip

Winst
29-Mar-11, 09:11 AM
I second that. Cheap ones fall to bits.

Kip
So do expensive ones if we have winds like we did at Towcester last year.

You can pick up cheap ones at about 20 - 30 and use them for a couple of races meeting and throw it away then buy another one.

Or

Buy an expensive one for 80 - 120 and do the same as above if the weather is not in our favour this year. The advantage of the expensive ones are that they pop up which means you should be able to get it down quickly if the winds do start to gust. But this only works if you are near it at the time which we weren't :(

Ours was anchored down with road pins and rachet straps but still bent the frame due to the high winds. I remember the skip being full of broken gazebos and tents at the end of the meeting.

The choice is yours!!

Jon Pert
29-Mar-11, 09:18 AM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003BZO3HM/ref=asc_df_B003BZO3HM2417843?smid=A3NLGKQTQLZ6GL&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22218&creativeASIN=B003BZO3HM

coles2196/01
29-Mar-11, 03:40 PM
So do expensive ones if we have winds like we did at Towcester last year.

You can pick up cheap ones at about 20 - 30 and use them for a couple of races meeting and throw it away then buy another one.

Or

Buy an expensive one for 80 - 120 and do the same as above if the weather is not in our favour this year. The advantage of the expensive ones are that they pop up which means you should be able to get it down quickly if the winds do start to gust. But this only works if you are near it at the time which we weren't :(

Ours was anchored down with road pins and rachet straps but still bent the frame due to the high winds. I remember the skip being full of broken gazebos and tents at the end of the meeting.

The choice is yours!!

Yes they were in the skip but were then recycled!!

Del Smart
4-Apr-11, 07:58 PM
Not the cheapest but one of the best I have found

www.gazeboshop.co.uk/ (http://www.gazeboshop.co.uk/)

RussHudson
4-Apr-11, 08:57 PM
I use those ones that Del has suggested, day in day out and they are very good. I have 4 and have worn the cover out on 2 without any damage to the frames :eek: !!
As with most things pay more money and get a better product !

Russ..

Brian G. Reynolds
4-Apr-11, 09:39 PM
Thank you all for the info, all duly noted and I have passed it all onto my Sister.

Brian.