PDA

View Full Version : hacketts lake web site now open to public view

rhodes5577
30-Mar-11, 06:43 AM
www.hovercraftraceevents.co.uk

ranking well now on search term hovercraft race events. keep hitting it to help get general ranking improved.

updates being added as contracts with sponsors and celebrities are closed.

we hope you will all come along and support the event.

posters will be available for download after easter -we'd like you to put them up in your local shop pub etc no more than 2 weeks before the event.

if you have any bright ideas please let us know. all thoughts welcome - no rude ones though!

coles2196/01
30-Mar-11, 02:22 PM
Excellent site - I enjoyed looking at it just now!

I think the map of the race course with it's information markers is great. Could this not be done for all the race meetings?

Jon Pert
30-Mar-11, 02:41 PM
I think the map of the race course with it's information markers is great. Could this not be done for all the race meetings?

Are you volunteering??? ;)

I haven't even got round to doing the usual stuff on the calendar for this years race meeting info yet!

I agree it's a good thing, I just don't have the time to do it. Keith's site is made by a web company, it's their job!!

Maybe the HCGB could spend some of its money and do the same instead of relying on volunteers all the time...

clarke5677
30-Mar-11, 04:49 PM
Web company indeed!!! I'll pass that comment onto Craig, our I.T. man at Nationwide whom has created the web page, that will boost his ego no end!!! All done in house, no out sourcing here!!!!!!!

Jon Pert
30-Mar-11, 05:07 PM
Cool, well you know what I mean ;-)

keates5632
30-Mar-11, 06:12 PM
Funnily enough i had the same thoughts about the maps etc.
It is on my to do list, and i shall be chatting to the web-master to see how easily we can get them up on the site.
This should help new racers/marshals etc and hopefully save the Race Director some grief at each
event! Remember the first Towcester when we had Juniors or Novices (cant remember which) going different directions around the track in practise!!! The look on their faces when they came head to head with another craft!
May be we should do figure of 8 racing :eek:

Al
30-Mar-11, 07:15 PM
Funnily enough i had the same thoughts about the maps etc.
It is on my to do list, and i shall be chatting to the web-master to see how easily we can get them up on the site.
This should help new racers/marshals etc and hopefully save the Race Director some grief at each
event! Remember the first Towcester when we had Juniors or Novices (cant remember which) going different directions around the track in practise!!! The look on their faces when they came head to head with another craft!
May be we should do figure of 8 racing :eek:

Why not go the whole nine yards and have a demolition derby:eek::D

chrisbarr
30-Mar-11, 07:19 PM

Oh great, more work!

clarke5677
30-Mar-11, 07:21 PM
Al,

I'll raise the subject at Team Nationwide Fire HQ in the morning, and knowing Keith he'll consider it!!!! Lol!!!!!

Jon Pert
30-Mar-11, 08:13 PM
Oh great, more work!

Fill yer boots.

coles2196/01
2-Apr-11, 06:40 PM
Web company indeed!!! I'll pass that comment onto Craig, our I.T. man at Nationwide whom has created the web page, that will boost his ego no end!!! All done in house, no out sourcing here!!!!!!!

Even so, pulling these quotes off here and putting them on his CV could help.........: )

coles2196/01
2-Apr-11, 06:42 PM
Why not go the whole nine yards and have a demolition derby:eek::D

Just come to an end of season race meeting!!

Or, even the last Open race of each weekend!!!!!

Winst
3-Apr-11, 04:35 PM
Just come to an end of season race meeting!!

Or, even the last Open race of each weekend!!!!!

Or just watch 503 racing into the first corner:p

oakley4428
4-Apr-11, 03:58 PM
I can second that Wayne & Gill, well actually it was just after the first corner but still had the same result...... destruction!

(sorry Bob)

Si

rhodes5577
5-Apr-11, 05:17 PM
thanks for the compliments Bob and others.

it has taken some time to build the web site and credit to our IT manager for doing a good job :)

lets see how this all pans out before trying to roll it out across other race meetings as there is by no means a guarantee of a break even outcome despite all the free labours being put in.

if -it does make a few bob then members might ask comps/ whoever to fund more informative web pages or sites for different events.

the other thing of course is some locations can't cope with public in numbers or are remote.