PDA

View Full Version : New Council

speddi1007
19-Apr-11, 03:54 PM
The Chairman of the Council is Chris Daly
Deputy Chairman - Chris Barlow
Paula Broad is the Club Treasurer.
In future all payments (as far as possible) will be paid by BACS (credit transer)
When claiming, please add Name of the account, Bank Sort Code and Bank account number.
A new claim form will be issued within the week, obtainable by email from secretary or treasurer.
Secretary, Information and Publications is in hands of Granville Spedding (still)
Kevin Foster is in charge of Insurance and is Secretary of Competitions Committee
Jim Lyne is secretary of Competitions Scrutineering Committee
Kip McCollum is charged with re-constituting the Recreation Committee
The Next Council Meeting will be in June at Chacombe
The minutes of the Council meeting will be published in the May edition of the Magazine.
This is the official organ of the Hovercraft Club. They will no longer be placed as a thread on the forum, to ensure that all current members receive a copy for their perusal.
Comments welcome by the secretary - of the type that are readable and publishable please!

Jon Pert
19-Apr-11, 08:02 PM
The minutes of the Council meeting will be published in the May edition of the Magazine.
This is the official organ of the Hovercraft Club. They will no longer be placed as a thread on the forum, to ensure that all current members receive a copy for their perusal.
Comments welcome by the secretary - of the type that are readable and publishable please!

Why can't they be put on the site as well??

2 reasons.

1, why not?

2, there is an option to not receive the magazine in your member options. Yes you can read it online so you would see the minutes there but they are easier to find in a thread on the site instead of wading through all the magazines to find them.

Odd decision.

ETA: The reason we made the member areas on the forum for things like minutes etc was in response to the membership wanting information more readily available, as has always been the main complaint.

I would have thought the more places this information is the better I would have thought???

Again, odd.

keates5632
19-Apr-11, 08:07 PM
Good luck to the new council!
Let's hope some of the 'issues' can be put behind us and the club can continue to go from strength to strength!
Well done all for volunteering to take on the roles!

daly5546
19-Apr-11, 09:05 PM
With reference to the publication of the minutes;

The minutes will be published in the next available magazine after ratification by the council members present. Part of Nick's publication process is to put a copy of the magazine on line, therefore they will also be available on line.

On another note;

Thank you for the many comments on my appointment.

We will be having another Council meeting fairly soon so any proposals need to be emailed to Granville in time.

Jon Pert
19-Apr-11, 09:09 PM
I did say that they would be in the magazine online in my post. I also pointed out that they are easier to find in a thread of their own instead of having to read each mag to find them...

Nick Drew
19-Apr-11, 09:38 PM
Good job people, thanks for stepping in to the breach!!

I hope you get all the support you need from us members whilst you serve on council. Not an envious task by any stretch!

New leaf for the club maybe? Perhaps the bulletin boards can be full of positivity soon! :)

Long live the HCGB!!

Nick

gaz
21-Apr-11, 05:39 PM
This is the official organ of the Hovercraft Club. They will no longer be placed as a thread on the forum

If that's the case I am sorry but I dont understand why this

??? http://www.hovercraft.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?30-Minutes-amp-other-docs ???

section of the forum exists? would somebody be kind enough to explain!

daly5546
21-Apr-11, 05:55 PM
If that's the case I am sorry but I dont understand why this

??? http://www.hovercraft.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?30-Minutes-amp-other-docs ???

section of the forum exists? would somebody be kind enough to explain!

We decided to issue the minutes to the whole membership via the magazine after ratification by the whole Council at present. There is no reason why they cannot be archived here if you wish to reference anything.

Thanks

Chris

gaz
21-Apr-11, 06:16 PM
thanks for the swift reply. I guess the effort the guys put in a few years ago into seting up a fantastic world class forum was all for nothing, but then that would bring HCGB out of the darkages and into the modern world of I.T. shame! one step forward 2 back. i should know from past experiance i expect too much for council to step up to the plate and move forward. Seems to me HCGB is just a world leader in hovercraft racing. end of. ah well what you never had you never miss. At least i can look forward to another thrilling years racing! happy days

PLEASE PLEASE nobody turn this into anything nasty. its just my opinion, nothing personal. you all by now know I feel we underuse the forum.

peach4730
21-Apr-11, 06:40 PM
council must be like being in the lions pit at times, well done for those to do this job for free! we have a club for another year. just remember, opinions are like bum holes everyones got one!:p

Jon Pert
21-Apr-11, 08:07 PM
Thanks Gaz, glad the work we did is appreciated by some.

gaz
21-Apr-11, 08:13 PM
no prob Jon.
Charlie, agreed, council do a difficult job for no reward-finacial or otherwise. running any club is a thankless task. I have been involved and still am with the running of several. what i hate is when members dont have the bottle to air there feelings, just grizzle in the background. At least i am up front, my cards are on the table, allways have been allways will be.

Jon Pert
21-Apr-11, 08:43 PM
Absolutely agreed. Council, Comps, Rec Com, all the branches, lap scorers etc etc. All volunteers, all do a great job. I am the same as you Gaz, speak out. Don't mean to upset and don't do it to criticise just speak my mind.

Carry on the good work!

KipMac
22-Apr-11, 06:53 AM
A Eureka idea!!

As a new Council member who stepped up to help, why not PRIVATE Message me and give me a chance to take on board and discuss with my colleagues any matters you may have.

It will be cheaper than me buying a NATO flak helmet.

I have to ask why, as there is so much interest in Council did only 3 volunteers come forward?

Our new Chairman is doing a great job with a new concept at Jakes place which obviously is very time consuming.
I am doing what I can to resurrect and give a new direction to the Recreational Commmittee.

We have our priorities.

Give us a break and a bit of leeway.

Thanks in advance.

Your Humble Servant, Kip

Jon Pert
22-Apr-11, 07:00 AM
We decided to issue the minutes to the whole membership via the magazine after ratification by the whole Council at present. There is no reason why they cannot be archived here if you wish to reference anything.

Thanks

Chris

As has been done for the last 2 years.

Jon Pert
22-Apr-11, 07:26 AM
A Eureka idea!!

As a new Council member who stepped up to help, why not PRIVATE Message me and give me a chance to take on board and discuss with my colleagues any matters you may have.

Good idea and thank you for being that contact point.

I have to ask why, as there is so much interest in Council did only 3 volunteers come forward?

Apathy? Time? Personally I would have stepped back onto Council this time round but work really is taking off at the moment and I have to concentrate on that. Council will always attract the attention as it makes the decisions for the membership. If people don't speak out then Council do not know if they are making the right decisions or not.

We have our priorities.

Give us a break and a bit of leeway.

Wasn't moaning at the work Council do, in fact I wasn't moaning at all, merely baffled as to the statement that the minutes would not be on the site when we setup an area for them etc etc. Seemed an odd decision which now seems to be sorted. http://www.jonrb.com/emoticons/thumbup2.gif

speddi1007
23-Apr-11, 02:52 PM
All members will have the chance to read the Council minutes at approximately the same time as they receive their magazine, which is probably fairer than a few via the bulletin threads. The Magazine is also on the webpages at the same time containing the Council reports. Council on the whole only ratifies the decisions of the Committees - ie the Construction Regulations and Competition Regulations and oversees the general direction of events as members wish.
We just ask readers to be patient with Council - things are moving in a new direction.
Thanks again to all the unsung volunteers in the committees and branches.