PDA

View Full Version : Magnolls Live

Keith Oakley
30-Apr-11, 11:06 AM
Greetings from a sunny but very windy Magnolls Farm, up in the hills above Blackburn Lancashire.

Good turnout despite a couple of (other) Weddings going on this weekend. Broadband access seems OK so we should be streaming live later this afternoon on www.hover-racing.org

As its the first racing event in the season we will drop the first race session in favour of more practise!
First race schould therefore be around 15.45pm but we should be covering practise live from around 1400

Keith

Hovertrekker
30-Apr-11, 12:32 PM
Hi Keith,
Just tuned in. I think you meant to leave the .uk part off the url. Anyway good luck and have fun today everyone.

datkins
30-Apr-11, 12:37 PM
looks good but yuo need to stand in front of camera to check lip sync :)

enjoy

Hovertrekker
30-Apr-11, 12:38 PM
Sound is fine over the net Keith

datkins
30-Apr-11, 12:40 PM
no sound off of the course at the moment... you probably know that

wcastendijk
30-Apr-11, 12:48 PM
me in Holland !! Sound OK
Wouter

datkins
30-Apr-11, 01:00 PM
got course soudn now as well, cool, want to be there.... :(

pit
30-Apr-11, 02:24 PM
Hi kieth just to let you know that cams keep freezing but when they r running well its great,let the mobile camera man who is walkin round the paddock it would be nice to see more of what goin on in the paddock than just 1 craft lol

wcastendijk
30-Apr-11, 02:25 PM
I lost sound?

datkins
30-Apr-11, 02:59 PM
shoud lap times be online, link dos not work if they should....

coles2196/01
30-Apr-11, 03:00 PM
I am watching but finding it difficult to lap score with the camera dodging about all over the place!!!
Good luck - let's hope the weather keeps it up!

pit
30-Apr-11, 03:02 PM
hi keith could you possibly turn the volume up on the mikes as my speakers are on max and your very quiet

datkins
30-Apr-11, 03:30 PM
videos gone blue!

datkins
30-Apr-11, 03:54 PM
came back almost straightaway unlike my message that said it had.....

datkins
30-Apr-11, 04:33 PM
good work chaps, makes me even more jealous that I'm not there

Al
30-Apr-11, 05:20 PM
Yep I was watching from North West Scotland wishing I was there in person. I managed to finish work just in time to sit and watch all the races:D

Keith Oakley
1-May-11, 09:46 AM
Good morning from a very sunny, but still windy Magnolls Farm, so we're busy tying the cameras down!. Practise has now finished. We'll go live around 11am with a paddock tour then racing should start at 1130am
Keith

Al
1-May-11, 11:20 AM
Good racing & coverage so far today

Hi to everyone from Scotland

wcastendijk
1-May-11, 11:47 AM
trying to get it to run on my mobile phone. No luck so far. Any tips for nokia E71.
I have flash light installed.
Laptop gives a good impression of the events!
Some close-ups of the people working/flying would be nice in between races, while waiting for the action.
Wouter
the Netherlands

wcastendijk
1-May-11, 12:30 PM
can we point the camera to a place where we don't only see the grass growing after a race?
Wouter

datkins
1-May-11, 01:22 PM
that still looks pretty windy, guess we need some heavy tripods!

wcastendijk
1-May-11, 01:30 PM
been looking to grass the last hour ! can anybody swing the camera to moving objects/persons or the paddock please?
wouter

Hovertrekker
1-May-11, 01:33 PM
Hi just joined from the US, and heard you say racing is suspended for an hour due to winds. Too bad since I have to leave in an hour :(

Keith Oakley
1-May-11, 01:56 PM
Wind is gusting to 35mph so racing suspended for an hour in the hope it might drop -as forecast. Sorry about poor quality of sound on replay. Cameras are flying around we've got them all roped down to car tyres now but we lost paddock camera.
Keith

wcastendijk
1-May-11, 02:04 PM
The sound is great !! I think I hear the pope in the dungeons from the Vatican!
:lol:
The back ground sounds like a choir in need of some guidance! Nice echo.
Thanks for turning the camera.
Wouter

pit
1-May-11, 02:21 PM
hi keith the sharpness in the cams needs adjusting and all your gettin is barry commentatint to the public and were not getting commentry to racing on line

Keith Oakley
1-May-11, 03:24 PM
Sorry about the poor sound quality on the replay - its because I'm replaying the video on the same laptop thats doing the uplink the sound is very echoey. Theres a similar effect on video which is causing loss of sharpness
Racing abandoned for today should be live again from around 1100 am mon
Keith

sorgatz
1-May-11, 04:33 PM
Just logging onto the feed, I see the news trailer.... Is racing over for the day?

Keith Oakley
1-May-11, 05:13 PM
Hi Chris
Yes we've finished for today - its a holiday here tomorrow (monday) so hopefully we'll get another day to play then. Starting at 1100am
Keith

Keith Oakley
2-May-11, 08:33 AM
Greetings on Monday am from a sunny but still windy Magnolls. Racing has been pulled forward to start at 1030am. We will be on air shortly before.
Keith

coles2196/01
2-May-11, 10:10 AM
The traffic lights will be coming back to Brighton then!

coles2196/01
2-May-11, 10:10 AM
can we point the camera to a place where we don't only see the grass growing after a race?
Wouter

We are with Wouter on this one!

wcastendijk
2-May-11, 12:20 PM
Now what did I miss? I just logged on!

rhodes5577
2-May-11, 02:40 PM
good afternoon all. just done the unpacking from our wedding in Cyprus which is why we didnt make this event - the boss wouldnt let me miss my daughters wedding!!!!

give my regards to all please.

keith rhodes

Winst
2-May-11, 02:42 PM
Hi Keith,
Just got home after leaving at 06:15 this morning and going 173 miles to Slaps house to drop off busted engine and then 223 miles home.
Craft now in garage and sat here with a cider.
(would rather be racing tho)

Wayne Hill
No:40

wcastendijk
2-May-11, 03:05 PM
thanks for airing the races this weekend !!! I loved to see it all, just one problem . . . .
I got virtually nothing done this weekend due to the live feed !!!!!
Wouter