PDA

View Full Version : Asv

Al
4-May-11, 03:15 PM
Does anyone know if the Australian hovercraft firm ASV are still operating? I have tried contacting them as I know another HCGB member has tried to contact them also but neither of us has had a reply from them.

I wanted to buy a copy of their plans but have not been able to locate a set.

Jon Pert
4-May-11, 04:10 PM
Gaz has an ASV. Try PMing him http://www.hovercraft.org.uk/private.php?do=newpm&u=5897

Al
4-May-11, 04:30 PM
Already contacted Gaz:). He was the other member that has tried to contact ASV. Not sure if they are still in business or if their email link isn't getting through.

yamah
5-May-11, 10:16 AM
My last email to them was answered after a fortnight or so, the hovercraft business is small in Australia, not like UK at all, so be patient.

Plans were around AUD$125 per set which is a 100 page book.

there are a few build blogs with pictures on the net, 245 265 wedge, superwedge, asv e2 , the craft can be scaled up to accommodate heavier engines than the rotax, yamaha, fuji the craft was designed for.

gaz
5-May-11, 05:50 PM
I have PM'd Al, but guess as the UK's only active ASV owner I had better comment here as some may think I am ignoring this thread.

ASV are pretty darn hard to speak to. They removed their phone number from there website some time ago, and have failed to respond to any emails i send. a bit odd and i get the feeling things are not good over there. I know they work early morning to get cooler air and then spend the afternoons surfing, bur to not respond to enquiries, strange.