PDA

View Full Version : Exclusion?

Paul Fitz
4-May-11, 07:04 PM
Why are threads moved from the General Forum to the Club members only area, when non members are subscribed to the threads?

The General Forum is supposed to be for "hovercraft related discussion" and open to non-club members. Does the HCGB now have a policy of excluding non-members from technical discussion?

Paul Fitz

Jon Pert
4-May-11, 08:07 PM
No, I was having a tidy up and moved stuff about into relevant areas.

I can't check every poster is a member so sorry about that.

The idea of the member areas is to add value to being a member, ie if you need the info then join the club.

ETA: like many other clubs...

Paul Fitz
4-May-11, 10:57 PM
....The idea of the member areas is to add value to being a member...

Jon, I thank you for the apology. As to value of membership, I am sure you are aware I have just let my membership lapse after about 15 years in the club. I will not reiterate the reasons on a public forum, as I know that you are also aware of those. But I have no intention of renewing my membership in the near future.

I sincerely hope that the original intention of maintaining a "Public forum" free to non-members without unnecessary censorship will continue to be supported by the HCGB. I Know from recent contact with other (overseas) non-members, that this forum is still considered to be one of the best sources available for obtaining information. I think it would be a retrograde step to deny others the opportunity of obtaining information, whether general or technical, unless they join the club.

Paul Fitz

KipMac
5-May-11, 05:32 PM
Paul,
Really sorry to see you go. There is a wind of change in the club so keep in contact.
I hope that we will still see you around at time to time.
Your too useful, so stay in touch.
Best Regards,
Kip