PDA

View Full Version : Rother Live

Keith Oakley
28-May-11, 09:16 AM
Greetings from a windy and overcast Rother Valley Country Park. We will be bringing you live tv coverage of this weekends UK National Race meeting starting around 11.15am on www.hover-racing.org (http://www.hover-racing.org)

Keith Oakley

Keith Oakley
28-May-11, 10:56 AM
Some tech probs setting up at present - hopefully these will be sorted in time for first race at 1310
Keith

wcastendijk
28-May-11, 11:01 AM
I'm looking most of the afternoon, have to do some minor shopping in between.
I hear the whales are back in charge of the sound :D

Keep it dry guys !!

Wouter from Holland.

TechieRoss
28-May-11, 11:02 AM
Hello Keith,

Sat on a 100Mbit connection at Manchester Central ready and waiting!

Ross

Keith Oakley
28-May-11, 11:42 AM
Still got probs with sound at present. It's fine leaving me and on recordings but by the time it reaches the user theres a very bad echo. Continuing to work on it if needs be we'll go out live without sound for first race at 1310.
Keith

wcastendijk
28-May-11, 12:40 PM
Sounds like the generator is interfering with the sound now.

Still got probs with sound at present. It's fine leaving me and on recordings but by the time it reaches the user theres a very bad echo. Continuing to work on it if needs be we'll go out live without sound for first race at 1310.
Keith

TechieRoss
28-May-11, 01:31 PM
I actually think the background noise is due to a 'noisy' laptop PSU. Keith, it might be worth investing in an external soundcard rather than using built in one on the laptop as we find similar issues on shows.

Quick way to test is to take the psu out of the laptop (providing the battery will keep it going for a bit!)

Ross

Keith Oakley
28-May-11, 01:41 PM
Are you still getting a bad echo? I'm getting it on my return path laptop but I now strongly suspect its in that laptop. If the noise prob your now getting is noise not echo then that is laptop pu
Keith

TechieRoss
28-May-11, 01:43 PM
No echo here, be useful to boost the commentator level and ambient mic if possible as the levels are rather low hence the psu noise is so evident.

Ross

Al
28-May-11, 02:02 PM
Like to say HI to everyone racing at Rother today.

I wish I could be there, but nave been working today then off to Loch Fyne on Monday with my cruiser:)

At least I can watch the rest of today & Sunday's racing via the internet

Al

MarkC
28-May-11, 04:50 PM
Hi,

Have been watching most of the day, no bad echo here just some background noise.
keep up the good work, i'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Mark

Keith Oakley
29-May-11, 09:20 AM
Still windy and overcast sunday morning. Practise now underway. We will start broadcasting around 1100am when racing scheduled to start. Hopefully sound sorted.
Keith

wcastendijk
29-May-11, 10:14 AM
I'll be looking again today !! Thanks for all the hard work getting it on the web!

Wouter
Netherlands

wcastendijk
29-May-11, 10:43 AM
Sound is good, just no commentator/reporter yet.
I do hear way in the distance the voice over the PA for the public.
W

wcastendijk
29-May-11, 11:42 AM
just wondering why I hear no comments on the webcast?
Wouter

Keith Oakley
29-May-11, 05:30 PM
Point tables and laptimes for the two days so far are available at www.hover-racing.org (http://www.hover-racing.org)
Sunday session2 is also available on www.replay.raceresults.info (http://www.replay.raceresults.info)
Racing sheduled to start at 1115 am monday
Keith

Keith Oakley
30-May-11, 08:43 AM
Calm but raining continuously this morning. Practise underway, racing due to start around 1130am We'll be on air from then but coverage probably limited to 'the gazebo view'
Keith

Hovercam
30-May-11, 11:23 AM
Hi Keith,
Just watching the F1's go round now but the live transmission is no more.

Paul

Keith Oakley
30-May-11, 11:30 AM
Hi Paul
Seems to be going out ok and I've got a good return pic. Anyone else got probs? - other than the poor commentary!
Keith

Hovercam
30-May-11, 11:57 AM
Hi Keith,
It's OK now. Think my laptop decided to play difficult.

Paul

MarkC
30-May-11, 12:59 PM
Hi,

Everything is great again today including the commentary, good work Kieth!

Did they manage to recover the craft from the bottom of the lake on saturday???

Mark

Keith Oakley
30-May-11, 01:10 PM
Yes - he's spent the weekend fitting more buoyancy
Keith

wcastendijk
30-May-11, 01:10 PM
I'm way to late logging on!!
Keith (you'd better shut down of the microphone during lunch, we hear everything in the car !!!!)

Haven't seen live stuff yet today.

Looking forward to it.
Good luck and have fun !!
Wouter

MarkC
30-May-11, 01:29 PM
Yes - he's spent the weekend fitting more buoyancy
Keith

I'm not suprised, it disappeared from view rather quickly!

atters
30-May-11, 02:06 PM
Just back from work, watching it all live now

wcastendijk
30-May-11, 02:13 PM
the broadcasting is 110% now, both sound and picture. The quality of CAM 2 is much better than CAM 3 !
Probably cam 3 came from Holland !! :)

Wouter

Keith Oakley
30-May-11, 02:39 PM
They both came from Holland (ta)- prob with cam2 (latest model) is we can't stop it turniing off every 10 min
Keith

Hovertrekker
30-May-11, 02:49 PM
Hi guys,
Just tuned in from the USA. Keith give a shout out to Tony Broad for me. Good luck to the racers today.

MarkC
30-May-11, 03:00 PM
Great work Kieth, the only thing better would have been being there! Still as a second best it was excellent...hope to see you soon!

Mark

Keith Oakley
31-May-11, 11:11 AM
Points tables and laptimes up to sunday night are on live website. I'll post mondays when I stop running to get to France!!
Keith

griffi5686
31-May-11, 11:55 AM
Keith - just to say thanks for the internet coverage. I was not able to be at Rother on Monday so I watched what I could online and thought the coverage was excellent. I especially like the laptime display and also the positional information being shown on the video feed. Thanks!