PDA

View Full Version : Rother Valley Event

daly5546
31-May-11, 01:05 PM
I would like to thank some of those who made it a great weekend.

The New Recreation Committee organised the rides around the course.
Kevin and Carla generously allowed us to use their craft.
They also had several guided paddock tours which gave people great understanding of hovercraft and their differences.
Early in the evening Catherine, Gaynor and helpers were run ragged by dozens of children who proudly showed their parents that 'at least one member of the family can win a trophy'!!!!!
We celebrated Gill's birthday with excellent cake and liquid refreshment.
The big kids had great fun later with their own version of space hopper games that went well into the night. Finally it was topped off with some yodelling! (Mick)

On top of all that there was some cracking racing, excellent swimming, great recovery and submarine work.

Chris

Scuba Kev
31-May-11, 02:05 PM

On top of all that there was some cracking racing, excellent swimming, great recovery and submarine work.

Chris

Scuba tag up for grabs..... :rolleyes:

Winst
31-May-11, 03:02 PM
Scuba tag up for grabs..... :rolleyes:

I believe there were 16 swimmers............17 if you count Mr Goosey Twice (in one race)

Stratosphere
31-May-11, 03:54 PM
Hi, I'm told there was a Flying Fish racing but had an engine out and sank due to no built in bouyancy?

As a FF owner who's never been on water yet, I'd love to know more if the owner is on here? I can see what I think must be glassed in bouyancy through the access port on one side of the plenum in ours, but who knows?

Thanks,
Ed

ivanpullen
31-May-11, 04:34 PM
This craft was not a flying fish, it is a craft made from a fish hull, as a race craft a long time ago, and it has been through several owners since.
The lack of foam in it was an oversight, as it once did have it, but had been taken out at some stage.

However rest assured, all flying fish cruising craft have adequate foam bouyancy and will not sink !!!

garagewayne
31-May-11, 04:35 PM

They also had several guided paddock tours which gave people great understanding of hovercraft and their differences.
Early in the evening Catherine, Gaynor and helpers were run ragged by dozens of children who proudly showed their parents that 'at least one member of the family can win a trophy'!!!!!
The big kids had great fun later with their own version of space hopper games that went well into the night. Finally it was topped off with some yodelling! (Mick)

Chris
Thats a bit low, still had a great time. Well done to all the orginisers roll on the next meeting

Stratosphere
31-May-11, 04:37 PM
Thank you Ivan, I rest assured, and will test our flotation very soon!

Cheers,
Ed

This craft was not a flying fish, it is a craft made from a fish hull, as a race craft a long time ago, and it has been through several owners since.
The lack of foam in it was an oversight, as it once did have it, but had been taken out at some stage.

However rest assured, all flying fish cruising craft have adequate foam bouyancy and will not sink !!!

chrisbarr
31-May-11, 07:53 PM
I believe there were 16 swimmers............17 if you count Mr Goosey Twice (in one race)

Found this on Flickr - he certainly deserved the best 'diver' trophy!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5025/5772323001_88f83b8022_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikesm/5772323001/)
_IGP0024 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikesm/5772323001/) by mikesm (http://www.flickr.com/people/mikesm/), on Flickr

les bran
31-May-11, 08:38 PM
Great weekend, a big thankyou to Gaynor and Catherine for the childrens activities - Oliver hasnt let go of his trophy as yet! Great to see members participating with evening activites as opposed to sitting in motorhomes, hopefully this will go from strength to strength at other meetings.

Chris

Brian G. Reynolds
31-May-11, 09:34 PM
Well I think the marshalls did a fantastic job this weekend! Especially the boat crews!

I hope the water was warmer than it looked!

I did drive past a few times but did not call in, that is the first time I have not been there in a lot of years!

I think a good collective pat on the back to you all!

B.

coles2196/01
1-Jun-11, 03:50 PM

Chris

And I would like to add my thanks to EVERYONE who managed to find out it was my birthday and gave me lots of cake (it was nearly all gone by the end), masses of drink (which will help at future meetings), several birthday songs (one of which was orange!) and a jar of pickled onions!!

See you all at Towcester where there may be a reappearance of horsey hoppers!