PDA

View Full Version : Free Hovercraft Driving Sessions at Towcester

beech2896
6-Jun-11, 07:30 AM
At Towcester we will be offering something different.

My Scat and one of Chris's F25's will be available for anyone to have a 15 minute driving session IF they become a member of the Hovercraft Club of Great Britain.

Six months membership is offered from only 15 for an individual and 20 for a family (up to 2 adults plus two children). So if two adults were to take out the family membership it would mean that both would have the chance to drive for 10 each, not counting rides for the children. Also there will be all the benefits of membership such as, a monthly magazine for the family, access to member only sections of our website and, at Race Meetings, all the usual member benefits of access to the paddock, camping area and the social events in the evenings. If they want to get really close up to the racing they could also get involved with Marshaling and if non-racing use of hovercraft is more interesting then there are also the non-racing events that are open to them. Sounds pretty good value to me and, of course, if they want to take out the normal membership for 12 months then it would be even better value.

As you will have worked out, this is a drive to increase membership of the Club so please spread the word. Bookings are being taken for the driving sessions which will start at 10.00 each day and last for 15 minutes. Obviously full driver training will be given in our usual way. Pre-booking is possible, and advisable, if you would like to contact me on 01425 610775 or 07711 560347 and it is suggested that sessions earlier in the day are best to avoid the busiest times.

Also, Kip and Josh will be helping with the driver training BUT if you would also like to help with training or meeting and talking to the people who want to have a go then, please, give me a ring.

Note that this offer is not connected in any way with David Kemp who will be supporting the meeting by giving rides to people who do not wish to become members.

See you all at Towcester.

Bob Beech.

Brian G. Reynolds
6-Jun-11, 07:35 AM
Good to see you back on song Bob!

Long may it continue Sir.

B.

daly5546
6-Jun-11, 08:33 AM
Well done Bob.

We offered several people at Evesham the opportunity of lessons with you this weekend.

See you on Friday.

Chris

Brian G. Reynolds
6-Jun-11, 12:20 PM
Year, Chris was one of them!

B.

daly5546
6-Jun-11, 01:05 PM
Year, Chris was one of them!

B.

Is that......I offered you some lessons?

C

rhodes5577
6-Jun-11, 07:41 PM
Bob, could you give Tristan some lessons on staying in his craft please?

rhodes5577
6-Jun-11, 07:41 PM
oh and Mick Goosey!

beech2896
7-Jun-11, 07:24 AM
I can understand some peoples concerns about wanting drivers to be experts in staying in their craft when on water, especially if they are involved with introducing possibly one of the longest/fastest water courses of the season. However, at Towcester, I regret that I will be unable to assist with this as my craft will only be used for land based training.

Sorry.

beech2896
7-Jun-11, 07:35 AM
I have had a request from an existing member to have some driver training at Towcester. I do not see this as being a problem and, therefore, would extend this offer to other existing members, including Juniors.

However, I think you will understand that at this meeting we want to try and see whether the carrot of a free driving session, or a ride, will tempt people to become members of the HCGB so will want to have as much time available for this as possible.

So if you would like to have a go at driving my Scat, or even just have a ride, come and see me and if it is not booked at that time then I do not see a problem. We will start operating about 10.00 and I would think that the best time to come would be as soon after that as possible.

Bob.

rhodes5577
9-Jun-11, 07:49 PM
it will be enough just to see your happy smilng face again!

daddy goose
10-Jun-11, 11:26 AM
oh and Mick Goosey!
I Still have the bruises, I'm not racing without my mask and snokel from now on.

griffi5686
13-Jun-11, 08:42 AM
Hi Bob,

I just wanted to say what a fantastic job you did with the driver training @ Towcester. A work colleague came along with his family and they all commented on your enthusiasm and patience. Keep up the great work and nice to see you back with the real novices!

Thanks,

Andy

Winst
13-Jun-11, 08:48 AM
Hi Bob,

I just wanted to say what a fantastic job you did with the driver training @ Towcester. A work colleague came along with his family and they all commented on your enthusiasm and patience. Keep up the great work and nice to see you back with the real novices!

Thanks,

Andy

I'll second that.
20+ new members because of the effort that was put in by the driver training and rides.
Fantastic job.

daly5546
13-Jun-11, 09:31 AM
Well Done Bob and Kip!!!!

Chris

daly5546
13-Jun-11, 05:57 PM
Apologies to Bryan.

I have been told that a ride in the TS3 with its excellent pilot was the deciding factor for some to become members.

Thank you Bryan.

Chris

Scuba Kev
13-Jun-11, 06:57 PM
Apologies to Bryan.

I have been told that a ride in the TS3 with its its excellent pilot was the deciding factor for some to become members.

Thank you Bryan.

Chris

I take it Rob was driving not Bryan! :p

Bryan
14-Jun-11, 05:52 PM
:D