View Full Version : What is this pipe fitting???

14-Jun-11, 02:29 PM
Wondering if anyone can help me please, I'm trying to figure out the name of a pipe fitting. The type where you have a large existing pipe, and a clamp goes around the edge and holds another pipe onto it at 90 degrees. So you can add a T section to an existing pipe basically.

I want to take a 2" pipe and add a 1" pipe into the side of it, ideally in a Y configuration but T will do!

Many thanks.

14-Jun-11, 03:43 PM
I think its called a saddle fitting, I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong

Paul Fitz
14-Jun-11, 09:16 PM
I believe you are referring to a clamp saddle. they are available via large plumbers merchants from a company called Astore (Thermoplastic pipework systems) They make a wide range of Polypropylene saddles from about 20mm upward of 250mm. I don't think they do 135 deg saddles, only 90 deg.