PDA

View Full Version : Family Fun Day at Magnoll's Farm

speddi1007
12-Jul-11, 06:25 PM
We have advertised rides etc from 11:00am to 5:00pm
Members can use craft during this time if there are no customers
Time after the rides time can be used also.
All craft must have a safety check from Daniel or Franklyn Newton - not
a full scrutineering. HCGB is providing insurance for the week-end.
There may be the opportunity for full scrutineering fof new craft (hopefully)
The cost of a ride is 3
The cost of tuition is 15 for 20 minutes - but as Bob is not able
to be with us this week-end, we may be able to offer them.
Charlie will direct to camping area, if you ask as you come through
the usual gate - check at the farmhouse.
Two toilets and elsam emptying and skip have been provided.
Further enquiries
01204 841248
info@hovercraft.org.uk
Look forward to seeing some of you there this week-end
Granville - North West Secretary.

speddi1007
13-Jul-11, 08:12 AM
Clarification
The prices quoted are for members of the public.
For HCGB members without their own craft, then a
contribution to fuel costs would be most acceptable.
Members craft will be able to use the circuit as well
as the rides - adds to the excitement for the public.
Static craft would be most welcome too.
Weather - Saturday looks damp, Sunday looks better.
Here's hoping for a good weekend.
Granville

speddi1007
13-Jul-11, 09:11 AM
Hi all,
Lets wish Bob's brother a full recovery. This is a minor set back! So lets do what we do best in the NORTH WEST BRANCH and make it a great weekend for the HOVERCRAFT CLUB OF GREAT BRITAIN.
As we are trying to increase at least our numbers in the branch, let's take this great opportunity to make a difference to the club, and take it forward. As we all know the Met office weather forcast changes a great deal so this is the MAGNOLLS FARM WEATHER FORCAST: Who Cares as long as the public come and have fun, learn about hovercrafting and we give people chance to join the club. The event has been greatly publicised with great feedback from the public.
News from the grape vine is: many will be here from the club and each and everyone of us is happy to pass on our knowledge (To anyone who will listen LOL).
On Saturday night Charlie and Jilly will put on a barbecue for friends (Charlie's 40th birthday!!!!!) cook your own food if you prefer on the barbecue's we have.

I am sure we all agree with our HCGB Team effort we will all be in for a GREAT WEEKEND.

Charlie and Jilly

gazza
15-Jul-11, 05:47 PM
Getting ready for the funday.
Craft sorted, van sorted just provisions now

RussHudson
17-Jul-11, 07:24 PM
Just back from a top weekend. Granville is fired as weather organiser (for now anyway :))
Thanks to Charlie and the north west guys all my family and quite a few others got their first ride in a craft, and everyone came away soaked to the skin but jabbering about how good it was.
The TS3 did 4 hours and did'nt miss a beat and has definitely passed the operating in extreme conditions test ;)

Look forward to the next one.

Russ...

JEddy
17-Jul-11, 08:27 PM
Just back from a top weekend. Granville is fired as weather organiser (for now anyway :))
Thanks to Charlie and the north west guys all my family and quite a few others got their first ride in a craft, and everyone came away soaked to the skin but jabbering about how good it was.
The TS3 did 4 hours and did'nt miss a beat and has definitely passed the operating in extreme conditions test ;)

Look forward to the next one.

Russ...

Can agree here that it was a brilliant weekend (bar the weather ... but us Brits should be used to that by now)

Got a brilliant chance to try out a few different craft with all ranges of engine size (including my first twin engined craft ... the F1x which was awesome)

Would like to thank Charlie for hosting the event, the very tasty barbecued goat and for giving me and 2 of the lads about how all your eating in McDonald's is chemicals :P

ianruff
17-Jul-11, 09:14 PM
Yes shame about the weather, but even got the wife now intrested...we'll be back...:)

speddi1007
18-Jul-11, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the positive comments guys
Weather didn't dampen the spirits fortunately.
Trish is complaining of web foot syndrome, and
mine is possibly "trench foot"!
Thanks most of all to Charlie and Jill for the farm and
its setting as a great venue for the club.
We'll be back next year - probably!
Granville

gazza
18-Jul-11, 07:25 PM
loved it.

Bryan
18-Jul-11, 08:03 PM
Grim up north. Nice to get back in the seat of a racing craft. Thanks to Dan N for letting me thrash his F1 around and Tony B for the F3 experience. My legs and knees are still hurting.... so unfit.
That craft of Tonys was great and more stable than it looks. Loads of fun in a craft the size of a box of matches.
Cheers Font great night still picking goat out of my teeth and nursing the head!!!!!!

mttdy
18-Jul-11, 10:08 PM
had a great first flight. big thanks to mike for letting me out in his craft. already started making the list of materials to build my own with tony connor. any1 got any spares pm me.
cheers
matt

RussHudson
19-Jul-11, 06:45 PM
Tony, I have your wd40 !
I didn't realise you were shooting off, I'll bring it to Fawley.

Russell..

broad5186
19-Jul-11, 06:54 PM
hi Russ - no probs, give it to Ricky - i'll be sunning myself on the italian riviera :)

tony