PDA

View Full Version : Bag Skirt design

HoverTim
19-Jul-11, 10:11 AM
Hello all

I am trying o figure out how to design a bag skirt i have got one documnet on it but its VERY confusing although its for a model hovercraft the pricples are the same anyone got ay tips

Winst
19-Jul-11, 11:08 AM
Speak to Ewan Black or Keith Smallwood.
Ewan is under his own name on here and Keith is small1449
I believe Keith is on holiday until middle of august

What craft is the skirt being fitted to?

HTH

HoverTim
19-Jul-11, 05:40 PM
its my own design the model is 800mm long and 400mm wide rectangle shape with curved corners

Ewan Black
19-Jul-11, 06:28 PM
Have you read Keith's article from about 1993? It should be in the magazine archive

HoverTim
19-Jul-11, 09:21 PM
I am not a member so i dont have access to this part of the website

Ewan Black
19-Jul-11, 09:49 PM
Shame on you. What do you need to know?

HoverTim
20-Jul-11, 09:22 AM
I was a member but there was not much in the way of model hovercraft i need to know how to get the profiles that would be on the end of each pattern

Ewan Black
20-Jul-11, 05:23 PM
I've sent a copy of Keith's article- if you're still stuck give me a shout and we'll see what else you need

KevinT
20-Jul-11, 08:40 PM
Hi Ewan
What issue was the article in?
Ive spent ages searching but havent hit the right mag as yet.

Ive been skirting round the theory stuff, and would like to catch up a bit.

Cheers
Kevin

Ewan Black
20-Jul-11, 09:28 PM
April 93

Please don't tell anyone I'm such a nerd

Bill Baker
11-Aug-11, 05:15 PM
The quick reply is two fold ONE the outer cross section of a bag skirt between the top attachment and the contact point is half a circle the inner half from contact point to inner attachment is a segment from a larger circle this radius will vary for all sorts of reasons but if you work on a gentle curve you wont go far wrong
TWO invert model and make a solid skirt from a foam block till you are happy with the shape and then drape material over this shape and sow .
Regards Bill Baker

Ewan Black
12-Aug-11, 08:38 PM
How big should the sow be? Should she be greased?