PDA

View Full Version : newbie

ricky
7-Aug-11, 10:33 PM
hi all, not good at this but here goes
joined awhile ago and hadn't posted
I off road a 4x4,ride bikes and have an old 80's race/buggy that im rebuilding (rotax powered)
on the engine front i have 2 503's and a 500w/cooled. hope to pick your brains about these!!!!
late 40's beer belly non smoker
im very glad to see the forum back up and running....

regards Ricky

ps, im in awe at what you guy's build and being a petrol/head i WILL end up owning 1

i

daly5546
8-Aug-11, 06:32 AM
Welcome Ricky,

Where abouts in the country are you?
You can access the constructors guide from the website.
A lot of people buy a hull and then do their own engineering.
We have several branches with local meetings that may be a useful source of info.
If you are near Southampton on the August bank holiday there will be around 50 hovercraft at Fawley.
You are welcome to come along.

Chris

broad5186
8-Aug-11, 07:34 AM
hi Ricky

pick a formula and away you go, there's tons of help and advice available - 503 or F2 i'd say based on the engines you have, 503 would be a good start cos you have a spare engine (always a good idea)

late 40's non smoker.. no beer belly but a spare tyre emerging and then

tony

ricky
8-Aug-11, 08:08 PM
Chris, Tony thanks for the welcome...
. im in Broxbourne Herts close to the M25 J25...Doh!! should of mentioned that first time round..
Chris your August meet I can't attend as im offroading at kirton scunthrope that weekend
i will look to see what else is happening and attend real soon maybe camp? for the weekend if thats possible.....

Ricky

daly5546
8-Aug-11, 10:09 PM
Ricky,

There are 14 current members within a 20 mile radius of you including the current F503 Race series leader (Nick Drew).

I am sure they would be a valuable source of information.

Chris

keates5632
9-Aug-11, 10:35 AM
Hi Ricky,
I am one of the local club members to you (based in St.Albans). Chilterns Branch member meet near Aylesbury on the first Tuesday of every month. You would be more than welcome to join us, although i appreciate its a bit more of a track for you.
Hopefully see you soon,
Prickle

p.s. - what do you 4x4? i am currently rebuilding (again) a Landy 90 - may join you off-road if iever get it working...

rhodes5577
9-Aug-11, 07:32 PM
hi Ricky,

if you have a 503 engine this is a good start. there is a formula for this engine which is very well supported.

ive got a second hand hull you can have for wrecking whilst you get through novices - its not to pretty but it still flys well enough and it will pass scrutineering.
And when you've started making less mistakes you can just get a nice new hull and go for it.

you can have it if you are committed to joining in the fun. if you show you are interested AND you ask for help /advice you WILL quickly make friends and get help and support.
the 503 squad need some more aggression to make a race of it so go for it (that will make em kick off!!)

Oh by the way - you are not supposed to modify the 503 so don't make it obvious!

ricky
9-Aug-11, 08:42 PM
my off roader is a zuk/samari running twin ARB's,6 point/cage, rock/lobster t/box 31"tyres 1.6 engine she not pretty but goes really well. Prickles your welcome to come with me anytime (more the merrier)
distance for club meets isnt really an issue as im a LGV driver and i dont mind driving (lucky that) but it would depend on their start times....

Rhodes, im blown away by your offer of a hull. however space at the moment is at a premium for me..
(hoping to move soon)

Ricky

rhodes5577
10-Aug-11, 05:23 PM
no problem - just let me know if you are interested in the future.
Keith