PDA

View Full Version : Bruntingthorpe Aerodrome 13th August

daly5546
8-Aug-11, 11:22 AM
Every Year ASDA hold a charity track day to raise funds. The organisers have invited Jake and I to go along to give rides. We are taking some friends as well. Those with suitable craft can do the rides and the others can show off and make noise.

Below are snippets from the press. It is a petrol heads dream day.

If any one else wants to join in, please contact me.

On Your Marks, Bruntingthorpe Charity Rides - Saturday 13th August 2011

The date for the ASDA charity event called "On Your Marks" is Saturday 13th August. The Lotus Drivers Club are once again taking part in this extraordinary charity transport event, with the chance to give members of the public a fast and thrilling ride around a 2 mile circuit. All proceeds go the childrens charities.
Other car clubs which attend this event include the Viper owners club, Corvette owners club, Nissan Skyline club, GT40 owners club, TVR owners club and the Subaru owners club. Amongst other attractions there are fairground rides and the opportunity to drive an ASDA lorry around the circuit.
The fact is, on your marks has got bigger year on year ,and is Bruntingthorpe's event of the year with 10,000 people or more and most of them are families having the day of there lives'. Some of them fulfilling life long dreams and wishes.

First of all, the On Your Marks Team wish to thank everyone that helped and attended the on Your Marks 2010 Charity day. The day was a fantastic success and the 21,000 raised from the day is shortly to be given to the 2 nominated Charities, Sparks and Wishes For Kids, each receiving 10,500 each. It is with great pleasure that we can announce the date for the On Your Marks 2011 grand family charity day is on: SATURDAY 13th AUGUST 2011 at our usual venue, Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Leicestershire. This has been our 'home' for the past 9 years and is ideally suited for the type of day we organise. By request from Bruntingthorpe, we have been asked to move our day from a Sunday to a Saturday because of local environmental noise issues.

Amongst the many attractions including fun fairs, rally stages and the chance to drive one of ASDA's lorries someone had the superb idea of getting a bunch of sports cars together and getting the public to pay 5 for a fast passenger lap around the Bruntingthorpe circuit. It sounded like a good day out so I thought I'd take them up on the offer.

Chris

daly5546
16-Aug-11, 07:41 AM
Adrenalin fuelled!!!!

A great day to smell burning rubber and high octane and hear deep engine roars and shrieking tyres.

From Rally cars to Aston Martins, Flashy trikes to Vipers, rides for 5, they were all there.

The wing walkers were in tight lycra suits and still smiling during the loop the loops.

The unmistakeable sound of the Rolls Royce Merlin engine of the Spitfire was music.

Roast pork rolls to die for and Carla's bacon rolls and coffee was sustenance enough.

Jonathan's Lambo brake fade at 155mph makes the pulse rate increase.

And on top of that we gave loads of people big smiles with rides on hovercraft.

A BIG THANKS to Kevin, Carla, Brian, Jake, Ann, Tamsin, Natalie, Becky, Diane, Josh, Angus, Alex, Jo and Nigel for all their help in making it a great day.

Chris

tall4999
20-Aug-11, 05:29 PM
Adrenalin fuelled!!!!

A great day to smell burning rubber and high octane and hear deep engine roars and shrieking tyres.

absofragginglutely!!

The wing walkers were in tight lycra suits and still smiling during the loop the loops.
Damn! missed them, but the photos get the heart pounding...

Jonathan's Lambo brake fade at 155mph makes the pulse rate increase.

Fade? you mean failure, My heart damn near outran the car when I had to take an 'alternative' route at the end of the straight, thought I might be about to do a 'Vitaly Petrov'..
But at least I didnt have to dodge between the Asda trucks!

Thanks for letting me know it was happening, see you there next year!

Brian G. Reynolds
21-Aug-11, 09:21 PM
In case anyone is interested, or cares, I have a short write-up with links to the few pictures I took on the day, and links to the rides I gave when I had the camera recording, including our Chairman righting a fallen cone using my craft, and "Jo" killing my craft!

I would also like to say while I am here, that I had a great time with a great bunch of people! Long may it continue!

But please, no more getting up at 5 o'clock on a Saturday morning !!!!!! Should be illegal!

B.