PDA

View Full Version : Ireland 2011

Philip
17-Aug-11, 08:19 AM
The very very short version of events!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HoverIreland#p/u/3/0ZeXyp1gyKc

daly5546
17-Aug-11, 08:33 AM
That was shorter that I remember.

Chris

Philip
17-Aug-11, 08:47 AM

All gone, must wait till next year before I'm allowed any more!!

daly5546
17-Aug-11, 08:55 AM

All gone, must wait till next year before I'm allowed any more!!

I hope Mary had the big box!!!

Chris

Philip
17-Aug-11, 08:55 AM
"Welcome Mr Chairman" "Thank you Mr Chairman" who's the goat?

daly5546
17-Aug-11, 09:00 AM
I was hoping for a certificate for 124km in one day in a Sevtec scout, but I suppose that is a normal event.

Possibly there will be recognition for the two day continuous cruise with overnight stage?

Next year's intentions are not to be missed!!!

See you in June (possibly).

Chris

Philip
17-Aug-11, 02:43 PM
I was hoping for a certificate for 124km in one day in a Sevtec scout, but I suppose that is a normal event.

Possibly there will be recognition for the two day continuous cruise with overnight stage?

Next year's intentions are not to be missed!!!

See you in June (possibly).

Chris

Dear Mr Daly, as you did not complete the entire course, i.e. you did not return to the correct slip and the fact that we believe it was 127km not 124km it is our contention that you have not reached the required standard. However there is a meeting of the appeals board next Monday 22nd August and it may take into acccount RPL (recognition of prior learning) i.e. that you did take over two days to complete the appointed tasks to the required standards and also that you completed modules in the repair and maintenance of craft.
More sweets for Mary and beer for the fridge would also help:)

David Ryan
17-Aug-11, 07:40 PM
Sorry Chris, many have tried to earn their IHC certificates, but Mike was the only candidate to succeed this year. We don't give them out willy nilly, you know.:) All That I can advise is to try again next year.

daly5546
18-Aug-11, 05:41 AM
Sorry Chris, many have tried to earn their IHC certificates, but Mike was the only candidate to succeed this year. We don't give them out willy nilly, you know.:) All That I can advise is to try again next year.

Did Chris not gain enhanced points for the wall of death? I thought Sevtec surfing was one of the advanced skills along with the weir of little respect.

Chris

David Ryan
18-Aug-11, 07:44 PM
Sure how could complete the course when you arrived late and left early. Though to be honest, you did your best to pack in as much as you could during that time. I will suggest to the appeals committee that you are credited with 26.64% of the modules against any future attempts to reach certification level.

Scuba Kev
20-Aug-11, 06:47 AM
I knew it was only a matter of time before you got certified Chris!

Perhaps you will have more luck in your own craft!!!! Why would you want to try something like that in a reliable one :p

David Ryan
20-Aug-11, 09:14 PM
This years cruise was such a success that we are already thinking of next years, to be renamed The Irish international Hovercraft Cruise. trying to come up with something to top the 700km cruise of this year, we have decided to make it truly international, not only in the nationality of the participants as usual, but by hovering across the only land border that the UK has. We are looking at including one or two of the Sligo/Leitrim lakes that straddle the border.
Bigger, better and brighter each year. Next years cruise will most likely have to be limited to 6 craft. So, let your interest be known early. registration is available on the other site.

Al
21-Aug-11, 07:18 AM
Why the limit on craft?

David Ryan
21-Aug-11, 06:27 PM
"Why the limit on craft?"
Sorry Al, but we are a little limited on space in both the Leitrim and Kerry bases. At the moment anything above 6 to 7 craft is not realy feasable. We would rather go for quality than quantity.In 2012, we are looking to increase the distances covered to 1000km. When we get this opperating correctly for a small number of craft, then we can confidently open it up to larger numbers. This would mean moving from the 2 privately owned (and free) campsites to commercially run sites. Total camping fees for participants this year was 40 per camper no matter how long they stayed. One of our international guests stayed for a fortnight. This helps to take some of the sting out of the ferry costs. Its realy a matter of trying to find the best for the most people.
Another option might be craft sharing. Just an idea.

daly5546
22-Aug-11, 07:03 PM
Book me in for my fourth attempt at the IHC Certificate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

David Ryan
22-Aug-11, 09:46 PM
Delighted to do so.

daly5546
23-Aug-11, 08:04 AM
Will you be coming to discuss the intentions of IHC International Cruising Event on the far side of the border in June?
Some of the pink stuff made aid fluidity at Nottingham!!

Chris

David Ryan
23-Aug-11, 03:09 PM
I'm looking into the feasability of fitting a manually powered lift fan to the Scout and then enter it into the economy run.