PDA

View Full Version : Any Hovercrafts still in Northern Ireland?

Conemaster
30-Aug-11, 11:34 PM
Hi,
I am resurrecting a craft I built about 30 yrs ago.

Hope to source a 1M duct, fan & starter motor for a 650 Hirth.
Interested to know if there are still a few crafts floating around these shores.
If so, would like to hear from you.

Alan J
Mobile 07801 932 776

Al
31-Aug-11, 08:54 AM
HI Alan,

There are a couple of hovercraft owners & regular cruisers in Ireland. They sometimes post on this forum but usually they are on the hovercraft cruising club forum. Not sure if you waS aware that there are now two UK based hovercraft clubs. Both clubs are very helpfull.

Jon Pert
31-Aug-11, 11:21 AM
The Milligans race in F1 and are from NI. They'll probably be along in a bit.

millig4182
31-Aug-11, 09:50 PM
Hi Alan,

As Jon said we're still at the hovers, currently in England but will get in contact when we get back. I might have a spare starter you can borrow, also still got the Turnstone if you want a play in it & several F1's if you want a race :D

Joe

David Ryan
1-Sep-11, 12:30 PM
Hi Alan, there are still a few of us around, south of the border. Mostly we are into cruising, with the occasional dip into racing (ferry costs tend to limit the racing side of things).
Our main event each year is the Shannon cruise. This year that included cruising 700 km in 7 days, visiting Glencar lake, Lough Gill, Lough Ree, Lough Key, Lough Allen, Lough Derg and river runs on the Shannon, the Main etc.. We also cruised Tralee bay.
The Irish Hovercraft Club is still on the go (I am the chairman) and can be contacted at hoverireland@yahoo.ie We would be very happy to hear from you. As we are mostly a cruising club these days we tend to use the cruising club site (hoverclub.org.uk). You can pm me (saor gaoith) or Philip on that site.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Conemaster
1-Sep-11, 05:45 PM
Hi David,
Good to hear from you.
100Km 7 days in a row is reliability I have never known!
I had a good chat with Philip.
Looking forward to making some noise again with this old craft when I get all the bits.
Great to know there are still some hovers about.
Will keep in touch.

Best Regards,
Alan J

Conemaster
1-Sep-11, 05:47 PM
Hi all,
Many thanks for your very prompt replies.
I have had several telephone conversations already!
Looking forward to getting back into this again after a loooong absence.

Best Regards,
Alan J.
email: conemaster@btinternet.com