PDA

View Full Version : Wiring diagram for TZR250

the goose
7-Sep-11, 07:32 PM
Can anybody out there help me with a wiring diagram for the CD1 for the 1KT version, or can any body tell me what the red with black stripe wire is, come on tzr experts past and present, share your knowledge.

datkins
7-Sep-11, 07:44 PM
not going to be able to help despite your dad going through it all with me, red with black strip does not even ring a bell!

garagewayne
7-Sep-11, 08:02 PM
looking at a diagram online it seems that the wire goes to the servo motor

daddy goose
7-Sep-11, 08:22 PM
dear mr wain
are you sure your looking at the right diagram

datkins
7-Sep-11, 10:10 PM
just checked all the drawigns i have and none have a red with black stripe, i think they are 1kt and the upgarde kit,

red, green and brown appear to be the cdi generator coils

orange to coil positive, black ground, black and yellow, black and white not sure

white and red, white and green timing sensor ?

no red with black stripe listed

drop me an email and I can let you have the drawings that various poeople sent meklast year! mind you only understood them after GW this year!

david

Paul Fitz
7-Sep-11, 10:14 PM
If it is a TZR250 loom (Road or Racing) 1KT there should be no Red/Black.
There is a Black/Red which runs from the Control unit to the Servo motor along with Yell/Blue, Whi/Red, Whi/Black and Black/Blue.

The Whi/Red is a single connector the others in a four way.

The CDI has Whi/Red, Whi/Grn (Grn/Red and Whi on racing harness) to the pick-up.
Brown,Green,Red to the Magneto.
Blk/Yell to the control unit.
Blk/Whi to engine stop (ground to kill).
Blk to earth.
Orange to coil.

follan3641
8-Sep-11, 08:39 AM
Not sure if it is of any use, but I have an original 2ma colour wiring diagram (held together with a bit of duct tape in true hover style) that I'll gladly drop round. It's part of the yamaha service info book (not the workshop manual) and is dated 1987. Likewise it doesn't show a red wire with black trace, only a black with red trace.
PM me if you want to borrow it.
Andy

foster2958
8-Sep-11, 08:43 AM
According to the wiring diagrams I've got there is also a black/red between the oil level gauge and the oil indicator light. Unlikely to be required for a hovercraft set-up.

Kevin

broad5186
8-Sep-11, 08:47 AM
sounds to me like another wire you don't need - i have 7 wires total - 3 from CDI red green brown - the two pickup wires and live and earth to coil (orange or red i think)

datkins
8-Sep-11, 09:30 AM
Ahh so the ground earth from the cdi does nt need to go to engine ground then? i gyuess there is no circuit there

david

broad5186
8-Sep-11, 11:12 AM
have a look at mine - i have NO earths connected as a seperate earth to or from the engine, my only earth is to the coil from the CDI and Mick Goosey and I have great banter in that it shouldn't work but my current 2nd place in the championship seems to suggest otherwise

i wish i understood electricity but then i'm glad i don't

tony

datkins
8-Sep-11, 09:05 PM
ahh but it does make huge sense and so much simpler, will try it out when i get chance, do you connect you kill switch between the kill wire and ground on the black cable?

david

broad5186
9-Sep-11, 10:49 AM
no David i break the live wire to the coil to kill or theres a black and white from the CDI you can earth which is the kick stand switch wire on the bike, if the stand is down the engine won't start