PDA

View Full Version : Motorsport Show at the Ricoh Arena

daly5546
20-Sep-11, 07:21 AM
http://www.motorsportshow.co.uk/

The HCGB is taking a stand at this show on 5/6th November 2011. The Ricoh Arena is 1/2 a mile off the M6 Motorway at Coventry (approx 12 miles from Jakes ).

Please take a look at the link above.

We would like to use it to promote the club and need volunteers to man the stand and talk to interested members of the public.

Please can you contact me?

Thanks

Chris

lyne0990
20-Sep-11, 09:22 AM
Chris

I can be available to help over the week-end and on the set-up days that preceed it.

Jim Lyne

Jon Pert
20-Sep-11, 10:31 AM
Would do but it's our first wedding anniversary that weekend so sorry, no chance!

keates5632
20-Sep-11, 04:58 PM
Jon, why not - you could take Tracey too ;-)

Could possibly help on the 5th - will be able to let you know nearer the time...

daly5546
28-Sep-11, 09:47 AM
A 6m x 8m stand has been booked for the four hovercraft on show.

Literature is being re-designed and printed. Banners and flags are being sourced.

It is on 5th and 6th November 2011 with an expected gate of approximately 5000 people.

This is a chance to show hovercraft to the public.

Please pm me if you can help over the weekend. Camper facilities should be available.

Thanks

Chris

daly5546
6-Oct-11, 05:42 AM
A quick update;

The show is at the Coventry City Football stadium (Indoor Arena) on 5th/6th November.

I have been asked to take a hovercraft on to their pitch at half time during their match against Southampton. I have two suitable craft, one red and one blue. Coventry colours are blue and Sothampton are red and white. Which one should I use?

There is an estimated show atendance of 5000 and a football match attendance of 20,000.

Chris

gaz
6-Oct-11, 06:30 AM
Canít believe your asking Chris, Coventryís ground = Coventryís colours

Or buy a white craft and take 3 (most patriotic)

Ewan Black
6-Oct-11, 07:40 AM
A quick update;

Coventry colours are blue and Sothampton are red and white. Which one should I use?

Chris

Easy, take the blue and I'll organise some Cardiff City stickers for it

clarke5677
6-Oct-11, 09:44 AM
No comment - Nottingham isn't a happy footballing city at the moment.....

daly5546
6-Oct-11, 01:07 PM
No comment - Nottingham isn't a happy footballing city at the moment.....

Chris

KevinT
6-Oct-11, 09:12 PM
Chris
Take 'em both

"There is an estimated show atendance of 5000 and a football match attendance of 20,000."

Thats a helluva lot of rides to get into a half time break.

KevT

daly5546
17-Oct-11, 05:51 AM
We could do with a few more volunteers to help on the stand.

There will be time for looking around the rest of the show and you will be issued with an exhibitors pass.

Thanks

Chris

datkins
17-Oct-11, 06:18 AM
Nils and I will be along.

daly5546
17-Oct-11, 06:39 AM
Nils and I will be along.

Thanks

Chris

Del Smart
31-Oct-11, 03:47 PM
I'm attending - will be heading north from Brighton on Thursday with estate car and towbar available if anyone or anything needs transporting let me know.

Del Smart

daly5546
7-Nov-11, 12:05 PM
Thank you to all who made it an easy weekend advertising hovercraft at the show.

They included Del, Les, Rupert, Slap, Keith, David, Nils, Tony, Paula, Christian, Kevin, Diane, Alex, Angus, Andy, Jim, and Jake.

Those who stayed at Jake's had excellent refreshment at a local hostelry (with Chinese Restaurant) on the first night and visited a pub with an Indian Restaurant across the road for the second. (Diets always start tomorrow).

We even managed 'pole position' for the dismantling at the end of the show.

Networking and press coverage could prove to be a valuable asset.

Thanks

Chris

daly5546
6-Dec-11, 06:30 AM
I found this in my inbox this morning........................

Hi All

Just to let you all know there is a 35 minute program on Motors TV about MotorsportUK 2011 at 9.30pm today (Mon) also repeated at 17.21pm Tuesday Dec 6th and again at 12.08 Mon 12th Dec - Dont miss it !!
Regards

Martin

Jon Pert
6-Dec-11, 01:58 PM
Anything else??

Is it a circular email for publicity or are there actually craft on the show?

ETA: Ah ha, just worked it out. It's about the Motorsport show at Coventry! I'll move this post into the thread about the show!

lyne0990
7-Dec-11, 09:35 PM
Did anyone discover why there were not 5000 visitors to the Motor Sport Show?

Jim Lyne

Jon Pert
7-Dec-11, 10:30 PM
First year of the show, poorly advertised due to small budget? Just a guess?

datkins
8-Dec-11, 07:25 PM
I thought they all came Sunday so the could avoid me!