PDA

View Full Version : wanted

alfiejohn
27-Dec-11, 10:12 PM
hi i am looking to buy my son a hovercraft and been advised to join your site so if any one can help i would be more than grateful many thanks

Al
28-Dec-11, 06:56 AM
Where do you you intend for your son to use the craft, Fields, lakes, sea etc?

Does he want to race hovercraft or just use for pleasure?

Reason I ask is depending on the above, will determine what sort and what size of craft he will need.

Basically in the UK there is a racing side and a cruising side to the sport.

Where abouts do you live? As I'm sure if its in the UK someone will live within a reasonable distance from you and would be more than happy to help you find the right craft.

There is also another UK based club, that is solely orientated towards the cruising side of the sport.

Beach buzzing is fround upon by both UK clubs as it gives hovercraft & their users a bad name.

I have to warn you though, as long as you get the correct craft for the purpose you intend to use it for, you and you son will be hooked and addicted to hovercraft. Not sure what it is about hovercraft but they are very addictive:D

I hope you find the right craft

Keith Oakley
28-Dec-11, 08:36 AM
How old is your son and where do you live? Theres an active racing class for juniors aged 11-16 and a growing range of craft under the Challenge to Youth project suitable for kids from say 6 on the school field to 20 at sea. But obviously one size doesn't fit all!
Keith