PDA

View Full Version : Gang warily

Al
12-Jan-12, 06:00 PM
HI,

Does anyone know how much hassle it would be to get from either the Lymington Ferry or the Southampton ferry IOW for a foot passenger to the Gang Warily race meet on the Sunday?

Reason I ask is that I am planning on driving down from Scotland overnight on the 24th and staying on the IOW. I will probably be well too tired to come on the 25th and the cost of bringing the car back over for a day would take the fun out of the day.

daly5546
12-Jan-12, 08:16 PM
Hi Al,

Lymington ferry is only 11.2miles from Fawley and the Southampton one is 14.9 miles.

I should be at Gang Warily that weekend if you need a lift.

Chris

Al
13-Jan-12, 07:10 AM
Have been thinking about it and now thinking may drop my son off at the hydrofoil so he can go on over to the IOW, then Becky & I come on to Gang Warily Saturday and camp then head on over to the IOW Sunday night or Monday afternoon depending on the weather.

Are dogs allowed on site as our dogs would need to come with us?

Thanks for the offer Chris.

daly5546
13-Jan-12, 07:13 AM
Hi Al,

Dogs are allowed on site (normal canine courtesy rules apply) at Gang Warily.

See you in the Summer.

Chris

KipMac
13-Jan-12, 04:38 PM
Al,
I think you can safely make your plans as I have little doubt you will get a lift.
I will more than likely be there myself.

Kip

Al
14-Jan-12, 10:53 AM
It will be good to put some more faces to names:). Looking forward to the weekend already

Jon Pert
14-Jan-12, 11:26 AM
Essentials to bring: beer, camera, beer, tent, wine, money, beer, bbq food, single malt.

I think that covers it!