PDA

View Full Version : Cholomondeley Castle Latest

broad5186
16-Jan-12, 10:44 PM
had a meeting tonight with the guy who organises all the events on the main lake at Cholomondeley, they are reducing the powerboating activities because of the depth of the lake so want us to put a show on

it's earlier this year 15th 16th june (also we could operate Friday 14th too if we wish) he's offering free camping for everyone and free catering for two people for each craft taking part (breakfast lunch and dinner and drinks) all laid on and a free programme - other guests can buy catering tickets if they wish (15 ish)

there are timeslots for demonstrations/mock races/cruisers/rides whatever

who's interested and any suggestions ?

tony

lyne0990
17-Jan-12, 08:54 AM
Tony

It is a great opportunity to put the Club before a lot of people, and could be a good springboard for the College F50 Hovercraft Challenge.

There is no reason why we can not have some form of racing. It could be for a separate cup or something like that. I am sure you will get support, especially if it was free to enter. Insurance should be no problem as our racing insurance would cover it. I am sure other Scrutineers and marshalls could help, you can certainly count on me.

In the past we have held demonstrations and with a bit of scripting it is possible to put on a fantatastic show. It might be best to have a few short races in the way Rallycross do it. Several small heats, maybe handicapped.

I would be willing to help out with commentary as well.

I do hope other will give you the backing.

Jim Lyne

Brian G. Reynolds
17-Jan-12, 12:06 PM
Hi Tony, good work there, just one question, isn't the 15th a Friday?

Also at this stage I would be willing to bring my Osprey 5 if there is any interest.

Well done mate,

B.

datkins
17-Jan-12, 12:53 PM
would be up for it if we have not got to much damage to repair by then.......

rhodes5577
17-Jan-12, 04:50 PM
thanks a good deal tony.

if you can make a good fist of it then maybe next year it can be on the full race circuit.
if we get the venue for free it will help club funds
would the free camping extend to non participants such as club member followers, marshals, race control et al.

broad5186
17-Jan-12, 08:49 PM
thanks for the positivity, i really do think this could be a great opportunity for the club, right in the middle of the action

i'm sure they'll accomodate family members/friends in the camping area, the other big advantage is we are in the main arena area this time and also get the chance to see all the other attractions

yes 15th is the friday and i'm sure the Osprey 5 would be welcome Brian, the more the merrier i reckon, when i get a better idea of who and how many we can better organise what we do with our time on the water there

in March i'll be visiting the site with him and we'll be sorting out who and what goes where and when

one thought i had was if anyone was half way through building a craft it might make an interesting 'builders corner'

carlathomas
18-Jan-12, 08:58 AM
If you need an F35 then we'd be glad to help Tony, but couldn't do the Friday, just the weekend.

Do you know if dogs are still banned? That would be our only problem - where to leave the dog!! He stays inside the motorhome when we're busy at race meetings.

Fred Wilson
18-Jan-12, 12:36 PM
Do you know if dogs are still banned? That would be our only problem - where to leave the dog!! .

same here.

Bryan
18-Jan-12, 05:30 PM
Hi Tony it looks like an offer the club cannot refuse...! I imagine this is a HCGB event only. There are are still members of this club who i,m sure would like to bring along there cruisers if that would help out.
Let me know how and what we can do.

Jon Pert
18-Jan-12, 05:36 PM
I would imagine dogs are banned as it's a motorsport event. Not anything the organisors can do about it as all motorsport events, silverstone, donny etc have the same ruling IIRC.

broad5186
18-Jan-12, 08:48 PM
thanks for the offer Bryan bring the blue beast along for sure, i know you and Jon were keen to do something last time

sadly Jon is right about the dogs, unfortunatley the organisers have no control

i need to put together some sort of loose programme of events in the time slots we've been allocated and would still like some suggestions please

if anyone has craft repairs to do mid-season come along and get stuck in at Cholomondeley i'm sure a 'builders/repair' corner would be a great attraction i know it has in the past

tony

Brian G. Reynolds
18-Jan-12, 09:50 PM
There are are still members of this club who i,m sure would like to bring along there cruisers if that would help out.
Let me know how and what we can do.

Didn't I already say that?

B.