PDA

View Full Version : EHF Burin France cancelled?

follan3641
23-Jan-12, 08:35 PM
I've just checked on the EHF website and see that the EHF Burin, France race meeting at the end of May is now showing as cancelled.

Does anyone know why, or if there is any chance of this coming back, or another venue instead?

With the planned change in F3's being allowed run in FS I was going to attend :-(

Ta

Keith Oakley
23-Jan-12, 09:43 PM
Andrew
Denis Ragot from the French club sent out an email a few days ago stating it had been cancelled - no reason stated, nor any mention of other prospects.
You've got another opportunity to tryout in France on 27/28 July in Prudhomat in the Dordogne - but that is peak holiday season and with the leading organiser Alain Larribe currently recovering from heart surgery there might be a question there too. Of course you could try the EHF event in Nottingham 9/10 June!
Keith

follan3641
24-Jan-12, 04:40 AM
Keith
Thanks for that.
In the hope that I was finally getting to grips with my 'craft, I fancied a 'foreign' European. Burin was quite far north and easily do'able for a weekend's racing (I'd got the time off work and a pass out all sorted!)
Prudhomat is a long way down 'just' for a weekend's racing, and there appears doubt in that now too!
Which leaves Nottingham - which could end up as being the only 2012 EHF event; and annoyingly I may struggle to get time off work for.
Perhaps I should just give up working for a living then problem solved!
Andy

broad5186
25-Jan-12, 10:00 AM
mmmm pity - i fancied another European after our road trip to Germany last year, i like the more relaxed attitude of a European - perhaps then some of them might make the journey over and do a few UK races to satisfy their need for speed

tony

Keith Oakley
25-Jan-12, 12:46 PM
I can recomend Prudhomat having been last year - and the Dordogne is a great holiday area! Pity its a longer drive than Burin in Brittany though.
Keith