PDA

View Full Version : Rotax help..

iammrpete
26-Jan-12, 10:28 AM
Hi All,

I'm new to this hovercrafting malarkey having caught the bug after a couple of goes at Chris Daly's place... Have since acquired a 2nd (very) craft with a rotax 503 as a project with a mate... The damn thing refuses to run now, one of the coils is only emitting a very weak spark, they're a Bosch unit, but seem to be discontinued.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Pete

broad5186
26-Jan-12, 03:11 PM
there are a few people that can help - conrad at conair sports, ken at eagle hovercraft or keith at vortex services (and others i'm sure) should be able to help

good luck with it - do you plan to race ?

Tony

iammrpete
30-Jan-12, 05:47 PM
Thanks Tony, yes I reckon I'll have a pop at racing.

& a big thanks to Chris for nipping round!

daly5546
30-Jan-12, 06:16 PM
Pete's craft is a Vortex from around 2000 with the octagonal front and segmented skirt.
It has a 503 single ignition belt driven fan hub (750 or 800mm) with 6x4z blades.

The fuel system is somewhat perished but we ran the engine briefly by dripping fuel on to the air filters. With new piping and a good clean of the entire fuel system it should run.

Pete reckons the craft started life at Shepshed (Ricky Goosey country).

Does any one have any history?

Chris

Ewan Black
30-Jan-12, 07:37 PM
Pete's craft is a Vortex from around 2000 with the octagonal front and segmented skirt.

Chris
No it isn't- I had the moulds from 94 on and I didn't produce any of the slab fronted ones with finger skirts. It may be from Jon Fullerton's time, in which case it's pre '93.

I'd advise the purchase of a VERY good buoyancy aid

lewend4439
30-Jan-12, 09:19 PM
It has a 503 single ignition belt driven fan hub (750 or 800mm) with 6x4z blades.

The fuel system is somewhat perished but we ran the engine briefly by dripping fuel on to the air filters. With new piping and a good clean of the entire fuel system it should run.

Pete reckons the craft started life at Shepshed (Ricky Goosey country).

Does any one have any history?

Chris

You know what, A colour would help, or even better, a picture!!!!!!!!!!!