PDA

View Full Version : Evesham Hotair Balloon Fiesta 8-10 june 2012

gaz
5-Apr-12, 06:26 AM
***DRAFT INFO, some info may be wrong, i will update it as soon as more is known***

Hovercraft participation now cancelled

Anyone not going to the Big Lakes Extravaganza may be interested in this...

June 8th (3pm onwards) to 10th

See the LAST Evesham Hotair Balloon Fiesta (council grant funds cut) the event is open to all, you don't even need to be a club member. bring a hovercraft (or not) chill for the weekend, no pressures

Unmissable FREE event that mixes Hotair Balloons, Live Music and Hovercraft.

Plenty to see and do including a Circuit to fly your craft (no rides unless a corporate operator turns up) Our camping area forms the centre of a cordoned off Hover circuit ie we fly around the tents and 'vans

Mass Hotair balloon assents and a night glow (weather permitting)

Old cars, campers, caravans Etc. on display

Fun fair and stalls

And all for FREE!!!

The venue is a public park and gets constant foot fall.

More info/thinking of popping along PM me

gaz
12-Apr-12, 05:36 PM
Do I take it from the total apathy for this event that everone is off to the european races at the big lakes then?

carlathomas
12-Apr-12, 07:45 PM
I'm sure that it's not apathy. It's much more likely that no one replied because they can't make it this year.

We'd have come along again Gaz but like just about everyone else who usually goes to the Evesham Festival, we'll be racing in the European round at the Big Lakes.
It's unfortunate that the two weekends clash.

Have a great time.:)

datkins
12-Apr-12, 08:06 PM
yup, euros for us

catherine
12-Apr-12, 08:24 PM
I would have loved to go again, but I'm needed at the Euro event :(

Keith Oakley
12-Apr-12, 08:51 PM
Sorry I'm at the Euros too. Why not join us in Nottingham earlier in the week before you go to Evesham? Lots of recreational events on during the Big Lake Festival week both on and off site. - and its not so far from Evesham if your coming up from the West Country.
Keith

gaz
13-Apr-12, 06:21 AM
I knew if i loaded the gun someone would pull the trigger, sorry for the method but it did get a response!

Yep, the big lakes event does look like it going to be one not to miss, 2 years ago i would have been there for the whole thing. However life changes and a week under canvas would cause me too much pain and discomfort and i sure cant afford 9 nights in a b&b!

Thanks for the replys and if any of those who would normally attend evesham are going to miss what will probably the last one, please speak up.

KevinT
13-Apr-12, 12:31 PM
Events like these help with the social side of hovering as theres no timetable. More time to chill and pick the brains of those a bit longer in the tooth, so to speak, or exchange ideas.

Carla and I had a great time each year so far.
Sorry we cant be there for the last extravaganza.

Hope its a good one for all who support the event.

Kevin T

rhodes5577
13-Apr-12, 07:12 PM
the ironic thing is we invited them to do the event at the big lake.

it got the same reception as gaz !!

so Gaz if you are going - tell them next yesr HCGB has a venue for them
all they need to do is communicate back!

gaz
14-Apr-12, 05:25 AM
Trouble is, it looks like this will be the last one! As I said they have had their funding cut. If you intend to host a Hotair Balloon Fiesta as part of the Big Lakes Extravaganza you will need deep pockets for all the Gas you will need to supply! And boy do they use a lot of gas!

PM me some contact details and I will gladly pass them on.

rhodes5577
14-Apr-12, 08:10 AM
apparently your PM in box is full !
no room for my PM
computer says you need to go for a dump HA HA

gaz
14-Apr-12, 08:49 AM
I have Dumped!!!

gaz
14-Apr-12, 10:35 AM
***HOVERCRAFT PARTICIPATION CANCELED***
I have just had a heart to heart with Bryan (who's event this would normaly be) and it is with much regret we have decided to cancel this event

With all the other events going on over this weekend it was felt that it would be better to pull out now, before the organisers advertised our presence, rather than turn up with only 1 or 2 craft, no rides and a barage of disappointed visitors.
Sorry guys.