PDA

View Full Version : Live - Transatlantic Weekend

Keith Oakley
30-Apr-12, 08:21 PM
To celebrate the opening of the racing season both here in the UK and in the USA we're teaming up with our colleagues in the Hoverclub of America to bring you live tv coverage at www.hover-racing.org (http://www.hover-racing.org) of two race meetings this weekend - Magnolls Farm Blackburn Lancashire UK and Brighton State Park Michigan USA.

For UK/European viewers that means UK racing in the afternoon and US racing in the evening. Detailed timetable and further event info is available at www.hover-racing.org (http://www.hover-racing.org) With the usual planned delayed start of the first UK event of the season I'm expecting coverage to start at 1400 BST (0800 CST) on saturday.

Wonder if we can set up a viewing cinema (in the bar?) at Magnolls?

Keith

hover snapper
1-May-12, 09:57 AM
im hoping to watch from home!:)

broad5186
1-May-12, 01:15 PM
great news well done all you techie people who understand these things

tony

oakley4428
5-May-12, 12:02 PM
Nice one Dad, we are connecting it up to the big screen, unfortunately it will only be periodic viewing as we are still getting craft and camper repaired!!!!!!!

Good luck lots of love Sue & Si x

Keith Oakley
5-May-12, 12:16 PM
Greetings to all from a sunny but cold (9dec C) Magnolls Farm. Craft testing is underway. We have over 40 craft inc Claus B from Germany, 16+ Junior drivers and lots of first time novices. Practise is about to start. We seem to have a good uplink and should be on air around 1400 BST. First race scheduled for 1545BST
Keith

Hovercam
5-May-12, 01:09 PM
Hi Keith,
I've got the pictures but no sound as yet. Caen, France.

Paul

wcastendijk
5-May-12, 01:10 PM
Looking forward to the races on both sides of the big pond.
No sound yet.
Broni has to show something to me later, hope we can set a couple of seconds private viewing up this afternoon somewhere ;)

Got to do some shopping too, probably during the break.
Thanks for all the work and have a good weekend !!
Wouter
Holland

Greetings to all from a sunny but cold (9dec C) Magnolls Farm. Craft testing is underway. We have over 40 craft inc Claus B from Germany, 16+ Junior drivers and lots of first time novices. Practise is about to start. We seem to have a good uplink and should be on air around 1400 BST. First race scheduled for 1545BST
Keith

wcastendijk
5-May-12, 01:26 PM
sound is good but one camera is out focus (a lot)

lewend4439
5-May-12, 02:31 PM
greetings from Haywards Heath, Lewendons (all 4 of them),
Susan, Juliet and Kev here also

Jon Pert
5-May-12, 02:38 PM
Hi Keith,

Tracey is watching upstairs in bed. She's feeling very poorly this weekend so can you say hello to her please!

Have fun all and we'll see you all soon.

Winst
5-May-12, 02:39 PM
Hi Keith,
Watching from cloudy Somerset.
Craft still not ready as I've been working lots away since Sept last year.
Hopefully ready for Nottingham.

Wayne Hill

lewend4439
5-May-12, 02:44 PM
no feed!!!!

Hovercam
5-May-12, 02:45 PM
Hi Keith,
This is Paul and Linda watching from Caen in France. Looking forward to the racing starting. Weather bright here but there is a cool breeze coming off the sea.

Paul

SachaR
5-May-12, 03:41 PM
Hi Keith,

Enjoying watching the racing, F50 looks like the busy formula and Nick is back to his winning ways!

Sacha
In rainy Italy

coles2196/01
5-May-12, 04:06 PM
We are enjoying the racing - the sound of hovercraft from the laptop and the sound of aircraft from behind us and we are only 25 miles from home!

Who can guess where we are?

wcastendijk
5-May-12, 04:43 PM
keith, I found out there is a huge time laps broadcasting. This means if you stop talking you have to wait at least 20 seconds before you switch the system off. Android is closer to real time and found out that I could hear your complete talk, about the USA taking over in 25 minutes on my mob phone. On my laptop it was cut off 15 seconds before you ended talking.
See you tomorrow,
W

Keith Oakley
5-May-12, 06:10 PM
Our US colleagues are suffering from poor 3G reception where they are and they have been unable to establish an uplink, so a feed from them tonight is unlikely.

Wouter - thanks for feedback re delay before switching off, I must remember to do that!
We will aim to be on air from around 1100BST tomorrow - first race is schduled for 1130

Keith

Keith Oakley
6-May-12, 10:04 AM
Coverage has started. Racing will start at 1130 BST
Keith

pest619
6-May-12, 11:37 AM
Great coverage, live times are great, but paused after the f3 race

Hovercam
6-May-12, 12:15 PM
Thanks for this mornings coverage. Have enjoyed all of it.

Paul (In France)

clarke5677
6-May-12, 08:26 PM
Missed today's events... due to preparing for Rother Valley and beyond - baby arrival dependent - but both me and Charlie will be tuning in tomorrow!!! Roll on Rother Valley!!!!

Keith Oakley
7-May-12, 08:54 AM
Greetings from an overcast but so far dry Magnolls. Rain is expected by midday but we're aiming to go live around 1100BST in time for first race 1130 Practise currently underway
Keith

oakley0296/01
7-May-12, 10:02 AM
ready and waiting Keith!
me on the PC somewhere in the house doing very little, Barry from the laptop in the conservatory sewing skirt segments..

Keith Oakley
7-May-12, 10:31 AM
Morning - I hope your all staying in the dry! We're expecting rain soon so most of the camerasare under plastic bags
keith

hover snapper
7-May-12, 01:23 PM
that huge bug crawling across the lens was a bit creapy!!:p

wcastendijk
7-May-12, 02:50 PM
I would like to thank everybody who made the webcast possible!
Sorry I could not see all but enjoyed every second I did see, either at home on laptop or on my android phone!

Thanks again and till . . . . . soon !
W@Holland