PDA

View Full Version : Craft available for use at Nottingham race meetings

turnbu3656
24-May-12, 09:58 AM
Some of you will be aware of the little scrapper 2 project. We now have 2 craft available to be lent to would be racers who would like to try the sport before committing to buy a craft. Both were succesfuly operating at Rother valley. One of the craft is spoken for during the Nottingham Big lake National and international meeting. but we still have one craft available for Novices / Juniors for the National (2-4th June) and international (9-10th june) weekends, and both available for Hacketts (23/24th June).
small donation will be required towards the upkeep of the machine, you will be required to be a member of the club, get a racing licence, provide fuel, and have suitable race wear.
Let me know if you are interested
Dan
01332 700658

Fishionado
24-May-12, 05:52 PM
Nice one Dan, very philanthropic of you!

Russ

broad5186
25-May-12, 06:08 AM
Dan - just a thought, we have some of our American friends visiting us and have been asking for a drive if possible, assuming for new starters it will be used in novices is there any capacity for them to use little scrapper ?

cheers

Tony

turnbu3656
25-May-12, 10:47 AM
That's a long word Russ, did somebody give you a dictionary for Christmas?

Tony, Kent Gano and his lad are using one of the craft for the duration of the hoverfest week in F50 and FJ. The other craft is available to whoever. Should be no problem sharing between Juniors, Novices and qualified nationals (craft are eligible for F3, F50, F2, FS) provided i get an indication of who wants it and what for so we can make appropriate arrangements.
Let me know

cheers
Dan

griffi5686
27-May-12, 06:25 PM
Hi Dan, my daughter is going to spend some time in my craft on the hoverin Tuesday just getting used to faster turns on land and doing some transition work - does the offer extend to Hackett's lake - if so would it be possible to use a craft for juniors (assuming she passes her test at Hackett's) ? Thanks, Andy

catherine
27-May-12, 08:05 PM
Andy she will have to pass her test in the craft she is going to race

catherine

wcastendijk
27-May-12, 09:44 PM
I would love to give the craft a try, not race. I never flew a single engine craft !!!
So if there is some time??

Grtz, Wouter

griffi5686
28-May-12, 09:41 AM
Hi Catherine, I was working on the basis that if she can have her test in one of the Srappers at Hacketts she could then enter a Junior race in it....have I got that wrong?

griffi5686
28-May-12, 09:44 AM
....if she decides she wants to do more racing then she can re-test in the Raptor but I'm concerned it might be a handful for her to start in - especially at Hacketts. what would be the situation re 503 as well?

catherine
28-May-12, 07:36 PM
Hi Andy, yes if she passes a test in one of the scrappers then races in it that's fine, you're correct in saying if she then wanted to do more in your craft she would have to be retested in that craft. Hope she enjoys it.

Catherinne

griffi5686
29-May-12, 01:10 PM
Hi Catherine, OK - thanks for the confirmation.

turnbu3656
30-May-12, 08:00 AM
Judging by the slow uptake we should at least one craft available at Hacketts for Your daughter to use Andy. Hopefully we can use some of the time between the orginised events over the next week or so to get her some practice and get through the test in that same craft, plus hopefuly allow a few other to have a go as well.

fingers crossed on the weather.

Dan

rhodes5577
30-May-12, 08:57 PM
there will be plenty of opportunity to fly about at the west end of the venue all day Tuesday and Wed as there is no racing those days.

plenty of space so not a problem.

griffi5686
1-Jun-12, 05:21 PM
Hi Dan / Keith,
sounds good - I've left Tuesday clear to get her used to a craft so if one of the scrapper's is available then that would be great. I'll catch up over the weekend to finalise it.
Thanks, Andy