PDA

View Full Version : Big Lake Live

Keith Oakley
1-Jun-12, 07:33 PM
Greetings from the big lake. Internet looks ok so we'll be transmitting live coverage of this weeks festivities on www.hover-racing.org (http://www.hover-racing.org) - starting on saturday at around 1300 BST
Keith

drew1712
2-Jun-12, 12:12 PM
Are we on yet? I am not getting anything here in St Albans.

drew1712
2-Jun-12, 12:34 PM
The feed has gone.

Keith Oakley
2-Jun-12, 01:39 PM
Apologies for the technical problems this afternoon. Hopefuly we've now got stable feed going out. You should have Grahams commentary but no background sound yet.
Keith

drew1712
2-Jun-12, 01:41 PM
The audio sounds like it is coming from under water or outer space. I am hearing more of Chriss Daley than Graham.

Phil Tattersall
2-Jun-12, 01:42 PM
Video looks good but there is a lot of background noise with people talking. Cant really hear Grahams commentary over the top :-P

Phil Tattersall
2-Jun-12, 02:09 PM
No longer sounds like the bottom of a fish tank now thats much better :-)

SachaR
2-Jun-12, 03:18 PM
Hello from Italy! Looking good! Cant wait to race next weekend!!!

Sacha

Keith Oakley
2-Jun-12, 05:23 PM
Saturdays racing has now ended - its barbecue time! Points and laptimes are available by clicking on buttons at the top of the live page. Sorry about tech problems earlier, these have now been sorted.

Join us tomorrow at 1100am BST for more live racing from Big Lake Nottingham

Keith

Keith Oakley
3-Jun-12, 10:28 AM
Very wet overnight and this morning so we're setting up cameras under gazebos. First race scheduled for 1140BST
Keith

Phil Tattersall
3-Jun-12, 02:22 PM
Great coverage today well done all. Really helping the monotony of revising for end of year exams here in Bristol. Looking forward to watching tomorrow keep up the good work. :-)

Keith Oakley
3-Jun-12, 02:22 PM
It's getting very choppy and dangerous on our Big Lake so we have abandoned racing for the day and the 3 remaining races for today will be run tomorrow.
In the meantime we'll continue to relay coverage of the Thames Pageant, keep your eyes open for John Gifford and the Griffin 380
Keith

Keith Oakley
3-Jun-12, 09:22 PM
Hope you enjoyed that! Coverage starts again tomorrow at 1100 BST
Points and laptimes so far are available by clicking on buttons at the top of the live page
Keith

Keith Oakley
4-Jun-12, 08:57 AM
After 30 hours of near continuous rain the sun is out this morning. 3 races abandoned yesterday will be run before todays session so racing may start around 10.45 BST We will be live by then
Keith

hibbar4000
4-Jun-12, 02:36 PM
Hi Keith
I'm enjoying catching some of the races here in Singapore after a day at work....! Will try tune in during the week and next weekend.
Hibby

Ashleigh J C Wells
4-Jun-12, 02:39 PM
Scores are being reported on the left of the screen, and I'm not sure they're right...? Enjoying the coverage, as always.

Ashleigh

Keith Oakley
4-Jun-12, 04:00 PM
Race positions on the left of the screen are correct as the ELS system sees them at the time. We've had some issues with George updates not reaching the database so some craft nos, names etc might be wrong during the race but they are corrected at the end of the race.

Racing has now finished at the end of monday. Laptimes and points for the weekend are available by clicking on the buttons at the top of the live page - www.hover-racing.org

Join us for coverage of the Endurance Racing on Thursday & Friday then the European Racing Saturday and Sunday, meanwhile we're off cruising.

Keith

Keith Oakley
7-Jun-12, 10:17 AM
Join us this afternoon for 2 Endurance Races, each 1 hour long, on www.hover-racing.org (http://www.hover-racing.org). The first will start at 1330 BST.

Weather continues to be wet and windy which will severely restrict the speed runs over the measured 1 km. We've had a good couple of days for an informal hoverin with lots of friends and families enjoying a ride around the big lake. A group of cruising craft held a hoveroff yesterday with a successful 50 mile round trip on the River Trent.

Keith

hibbar4000
7-Jun-12, 12:34 PM
Hi Keith
I'm watching, I guess there's no commentators today, you'll have to give me an update as to how everyone's doing part way through!
Hibby

hibbar4000
7-Jun-12, 12:38 PM
Ah, have just realised there was a technical sound glitch at my end, I now have Graham coming over loud and clear!

Bob Rennick
7-Jun-12, 01:43 PM
Hi Keith,

Just a quick note to say that the broadcast is far superior to last year. I'm not sure technically what changed, but it was a good change! No dropouts, crisp sound, very clear - can see every raindrop!

Bob

(Sent from a warm & sunny Canada!)

drew1712
7-Jun-12, 01:46 PM
Great race and good coverage, My sympathies to all out in the rain.

drew1712
7-Jun-12, 02:42 PM
The camera currently showing the grid seems to be set to 4:3 format.

Keith Oakley
7-Jun-12, 06:49 PM
Great ER racing in the rain this afternoon. Results of todays racing are at the bottom of the live page www.hover-racing.org (http://www.hover-racing.org) Join us for more ER fun tomorrow friday - race 3 starts at 1100BST and race 4 at 1430BST Then this weekend its European racing here at the big lake Nottingham
Keith

Keith Oakley
8-Jun-12, 09:54 AM
Very wet and windy here but ER race 3 is starting at 1100BST with coverage starting now
Keith

Keith Oakley
8-Jun-12, 12:22 PM
Another exciting ER race in the wind and rain - results at the bottom of the page on www.hover-racing.org (http://www.hover-racing.org)
Coverage of the last race starts at 1430BST
European craft are starting to arrive ready for sat and sundays EHF racing, hopefully in better weather!
Keith

Keith Oakley
8-Jun-12, 04:40 PM
Endurance racing has now finished, final results are at the bottom of the page on www.hover-racing.org (http://www.hover-racing.org)
Congratulations to the craft who kept running through 4 hour long races in extremely wet and windy conditions.
Join us tomorrow for coverage of the European racing starting at 1315 BST, hopefully with better weather!!
Keith

Keith Oakley
9-Jun-12, 10:21 AM
Greetings from the Big Lake on saturday morning. It's dry but windy and still very muddy underfoot!

We have been joined by European craft from Sweden, Germany, Belgium, France, Italy and Portugal for this weekends opening round of the EHF championship. Practise is about to start.

Live coverage will start at 1315 BST on www.hover-racing.org (http://www.hover-racing.org)

Keith

Scuba Kev
9-Jun-12, 11:29 AM
I can't be there in person so will have to make do with the live feed!

Kev

Scuba Kev
9-Jun-12, 02:26 PM
Graham, what are the laptimes in F2 please

Scuba Kev
9-Jun-12, 02:39 PM
by zooming into the start lights you also miss the start when they go out!

Scuba Kev
9-Jun-12, 04:28 PM
Thankyou for the lap times! means I'm not that far off with the standard un-played with engine :rolleyes:

Keith Oakley
10-Jun-12, 08:49 AM
Live coverage will start at 1100 BST with a Junior race held over from yesterday. Today it's calm and dry!!!

Laptimes and points from yesterdays European Racing are available by going to www.hover-racing.org (http://www.hover-racing.org) and clicking on the buttons at the top of the page. Results from last weekends UK National and the midweek Endurance Racing are available by clicking on the replay other events button on that page.

Keith

Scuba Kev
10-Jun-12, 12:19 PM
Hope they are ok! watching it looked like it was in slow motion

Scuba Kev
10-Jun-12, 12:36 PM
doesnt help with the entrance back into the paddock right after the finish line with no run off area! Callum had no where to go! Any news on them yet? and has Louise come out from the cupboard?

Keith Oakley
10-Jun-12, 12:41 PM
The injured pilot is a Junior from Germany. No info at present on injuries but ambulance has just arrived. We are hoping to restart about 1400BST
Keith

Scuba Kev
10-Jun-12, 12:46 PM
Thanks Keith!

Keith Oakley
10-Jun-12, 01:06 PM
We've just stopped transmission so paramedic can look at replay. Injury not critical Back soon
Keith

Bob Rennick
10-Jun-12, 01:09 PM
Are you off-line, Keith?

Keith Oakley
10-Jun-12, 01:19 PM
We'reback on air, expect to restart racing soon.
Keith

hibbar4000
10-Jun-12, 01:47 PM
Hi Keith, great coverage, glad you've all good some good weather finally. Hope the Junior driver is ok.
Paul

Scuba Kev
10-Jun-12, 03:12 PM
Klous not Conrad in F2 Graham

Bob Rennick
10-Jun-12, 03:46 PM
Thanks Keith & Co. for the great coverage.

Go home and dry off now.

Bob

Keith Oakley
10-Jun-12, 03:48 PM
Thanks guys - points and laptimes will be available tomorrow
Hope you enjoyed it
Keith

Keith Oakley
11-Jun-12, 11:42 AM
Points and laptimes for last weekends European event are available by clicking on the buttons at the top of the live page - www.hover-racing.org (http://www.hover-racing.org) Video replays will be available later in the week.

I gather that Leon Badelt, the junior driver injured at the end of the junior race, wasn't badly hurt but has stayed in hospital overnight as a check. We all wish him well.

Thanks to everyone involved in running such a complex 9 day event, made even more challenging by the rain and wind. My special thanks to Team Sweetman, Graham Nutt, Andy Collins and others who brought you the live coverage.

Keith