PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to everyone involved in the Big Lake event

turnbu3656
12-Jun-12, 08:22 AM
I would personally like to thank the Midlands Branch, Admin team, Tech support, Water recovery and Marshals for supporting a gruelling week of hovercrafting. I would also like to thank the recovery drivers for their help in getting everyone off site on Sunday and for everyone’s patience during that period.
I’m sure you would like to echo my thanks to Keith and team for organising a unique and challenging event on a new site. Well done everybody involved and thanks for your support.

Dan

Winst
12-Jun-12, 08:25 AM
Absolutely. Well done all involved

hover snapper
12-Jun-12, 09:25 AM
also the lady at the gate!:)
very grim job in that weather.

Ewan Black
12-Jun-12, 09:44 PM
I would echo what Dan said, the only let down was the weather, everything else well organised and with huge commitment from all involved. Once we've forgotten the Somme Re-enactment bits the rtrue quality ofthe event will emerge.

Thanks to all
Ewan

Keith Lovell
13-Jun-12, 04:41 PM
A great big thank you to all who organised the event and stayed throughout the miserable conditions.

Well done Keith, you had some tough decisions to make and you stuck to them.

As for Ewan's comment "when we forget the Somme like conditions".....my lads still remember Wetsted Park! they havent forgotten!!!

Really good to see racing in some trying conditions and to I felt priviledged to help out as a rescue boat for European meeting.

Cheers

Keith at Bearwood

keates5632
13-Jun-12, 05:26 PM
Keith,
Thanks for taking on the rescue responsibility - particularly in the conditions that were thrown at you - much appreciated by myself as i deserted my station.
Well done to all for sticking it out during the week, and to echo everyone elses comments well done to the Rhodes Clan for getting another event up and running.
Prickle

Ewan Black
13-Jun-12, 09:35 PM
my lads still remember Wetsted Park! they havent forgotten!!!

You git- that had actually slipped from my memory, now it's back!

Keith Lovell
14-Jun-12, 10:31 AM
It was such a pivotal moment in our team's development.
It has fond memories too......its when I first met Debs!

K

rob fast rescue
16-Jun-12, 06:42 PM
hi everyone thanks for the opportunity to get my boat onto the water and get involved with the rescue/recovery both the volenteers were great to work with a big thanks to them it was very reassuring having first aiders with me . might change name to mr slow after being clocked at 20 mph through the radar though, could have sworn i was doing 40 Also a big thanks to berni who sponsored most of the cost and the hospitality given by ricky and his mum and dad Not forgetting the man on the quad bike with the tea and the other for getting my boat back to the car park at the end of the day.Thanks again from rob rescue boat 2 i would be very happy to do the same again.

Jonathanstevens
18-Jun-12, 09:52 AM
I would like to thank the rescue team
they got to me quick when i stoped with no proper bottem on it(just a peace of aliminuim)