PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

Donal
12-Jun-12, 09:24 PM
Hi I'm just new to the club forum , I'm interested in getting a hovercraft having being involved in boating here for years and fed up getting stuck in weeds! Any advice would be appreciated ! I would love to obtain something enclosed like a hoverhawk even a wreck of one to do up. I missed one here some time ago and still kicking myself. I enjoy working on machines and have rescued stuff over the years that people said would be impossible to get back to life ! If anything turns up let me know!
Thanks donal Flynn

Al
13-Jun-12, 06:42 AM
Hi Donal & welcome to the forum.

What part of the world do you live?

Where do you intend using the hovercraft and for what purpose?

Reason I ask is that the answers to the above will help determine what craft will suit your purpose best.

Have you thought about building a craft from plans? It's pretty straight forward and lots of fun if you are into that sort of thing "I am". There are several companies selling plans, I'm slightly biased towards sevtec as their craft suit my where I use my craft, but there are several others that may suit you better.

My latest hover will have a roof and will be able to carry 8 people

Anyway good luck and I hope you find a suitable craft

Al

daly5546
13-Jun-12, 07:53 AM
Hi Donal,

Welcome to the fascinating world of hovercraft.

Repairing/renovating hovercraft is a constant for many members.

A 17 year old single seater Osprey took part in the European Championships last weekend.

pm me for information about club members in your area.

Chris