PDA

View Full Version : B&S Vangaurd Coils.

pookie
8-Jul-12, 03:06 PM
Where is the best place to get new B&S coils for my 35hp Flying Fish Marlin I? They still work, but looking at them I'm not sure how, they look like a blob of rust with at bit plastic in the middle!

smallw1449
8-Jul-12, 09:11 PM
Vortex Services are B&S OEM supplier and can get them for you, but we would need to know the engine number as there are 3 different versions

Regards

Keith

Fishionado
9-Jul-12, 03:01 PM
Where is the best place to get new B&S coils for my 35hp Flying Fish Marlin I? They still work, but looking at them I'm not sure how, they look like a blob of rust with at bit plastic in the middle!

To be honest Nathan, if they're working, I'd just clean them up well and check that the kill connection is solid and not corroded. It's very rare that they give any problems. But you can spend your money if you wish, I'm happy to take it! I believe we have them in stock, but I'll have to check.

you have my number!

Regards

Russ

Keith Oakley
9-Jul-12, 03:34 PM
I've had Kohler coils loose spark/produce weak spark because the laminations in the coil armature were prised apart by rust. Usually coat new one in varnish before fitting, that seems to improve things.
Keith