PDA

View Full Version : Gang Warily / Solent Cruise. This weekend Bank Holiday

Fishionado
21-Aug-12, 08:38 PM
Hi Folks

The weather forecast for this weekend is pretty bleak.

Rain I can live with but with South Westerly winds at 15-17 knots and strong gusts is a real worry. The Solent will be a pretty awful place in any small vessel!

Monday looks a lot better, with 8-9 knot winds and low tide at 2pm.

So - I suggest we only schedule a Monday cruise, launching at 11am. I'll welcome input from those with local knowledge but as it stands, I'm not happy it'll be safe (and it certainly won't be pleasant!) on the other two days.

We'll be launching from Crosshouse Road, which is right next to the Itchen Bridge, next to Ocean Village. I don;t personally know the slipwaythere, but it looks pretty good, with good parking and it comes reccomended as agood launch place for hovers.

Do please let me know if you'd like to come along. Email below, and my numbers 01304 619820 / 07five84 996 552

Russ

campbe5177
22-Aug-12, 02:07 PM
Hi Russ,
just to advise, it is pay and display at that car park although with it being a Bank Holiday it might not count.
Put us down for two craft.
best regards
Chris Campbell

RussHudson
22-Aug-12, 02:53 PM
Osbourne View for lunch ??

Del Smart
22-Aug-12, 03:38 PM
If anyone has room for a passenger please can I come and play

Thanks

Del

Fishionado
23-Aug-12, 12:25 PM
The forecast wind speed is still increasing for monday....theres now little to call between sunday and monday with 6-10 knots westerly on sunday, and 10-12 know southerly on monday.

Those with local knowledge...your input would be most welcome!

Jon Pert
23-Aug-12, 03:02 PM
Hmmm, wind and now p***ys, great. :rolleyes: