PDA

View Full Version : High viz lids at the worlds

Nick Drew
30-Aug-12, 07:31 PM
Hi all,

Just reading the WHF rules, like a good boy, and saw the bit about brightly coloured crash helmets needing to be worn. So just a reminder to anyone going that they might want to get themselves a skin to avoid any potential issues.

I am assuming the rule will be enforced....

Nick

Fred Wilson
30-Aug-12, 07:41 PM
Thought that was a should and not a must?

Ewan Black
30-Aug-12, 10:09 PM
It is Fred, see earlier posts

http://www.hovercraft.org.uk/showthread.php?23960-Helmet-Skinz&highlight=helmet

loopy
31-Aug-12, 05:08 AM
Con wore his helmet skin at the EHF meeting at the big Lake in June. It fell off with the impact as he entered the water on the one time it was actually needed...he hasn't bothered with it since....

Fred Wilson
31-Aug-12, 02:37 PM
Con wore his helmet skin at the EHF meeting at the big Lake in June. It fell off with the impact as he entered the water on the one time it was actually needed...he hasn't bothered with it since....

Sorry to hear that I do hope he is better !!

Jon Pert
31-Aug-12, 02:51 PM
Mazel tov http://www.jonrb.com/emoticons/hehe.gif

Winst
31-Aug-12, 05:25 PM
Sorry to hear that I do hope he is better !!

Brilliant ;)

willa494
31-Aug-12, 05:53 PM
Lol

Bex Allman
31-Aug-12, 05:56 PM
Hello

We have read the rules today it is says should not must , does this mean other UK drivers are purchasing them and we need to have them or is it just advisory? I guess where i am coming from is if we turn up to the worlds without one is it a problem? and are we going to be able to race?

Bex

Ewan Black
31-Aug-12, 08:28 PM
Should is not must, so as a "rule" it is unenforceable- it is therefore advisory

lewend4439
1-Sep-12, 08:49 AM
It is a "should".

The intent is to encourage persons buying new helmets to buy bright coloured ones, however as there is no way of specifying what is bright, there would be no way of enforcing a "Shall" rule.
"Should" was the best compromise.

The skins were talked about, but as loopy says, cons was ripped off on water entry, and was in fact a hindrance, it could well rather than coming off completly, covered his face. Trying to find which way is up when underwater can be difficult, made more diffciult by not being able to see!! No thanks...

Jamie

rhodes5577
1-Sep-12, 09:38 AM
Jamie may have revealed a good reason for using these hoods- saving one's embarrasment whem falling out and on the ride of shame on returning to the pits with your face covered sounds like a good idea?

Bex Allman
1-Sep-12, 11:53 AM
Thank you xxxx