PDA

View Full Version : Sad news from the Worlds

Keith Oakley
14-Sep-12, 06:54 PM
We're sorry to have to tell the world that following a racing accident in Formula 2 this afternoon Michael Feulner died.

We are all devastated and our thoughts are with his family and friends. The family have asked for their privacy to be respected.

The local police investigations have concluded that sadly this was a racing accident and nothing was amiss with our safety procedures.

The local community, the World Federation, drivers and marshalls have decided to continue with the championships and this in line with the family's wishes.

Tony Drake
WHF President

Del Smart
14-Sep-12, 07:19 PM
So sorry to hear the sad news.

Condolences to Michael's family and friends and best wishes for all those at the championships.

A hard but courageous decision to carry on but I am sure that its the best one in the circumstances.

Regards

Del Smart

Al
14-Sep-12, 07:27 PM
Very sad news. Deepest sympathy to all Micheal's family

kemp3777
14-Sep-12, 07:32 PM
A very sad day, my thoughts are with everyone affected.

Regards to all,

David Kemp

julie
14-Sep-12, 07:50 PM
What horrible news, our thoughts are with Micheal's family and everybody there on this very sad day xxx

Ian Brooks
14-Sep-12, 08:28 PM
I am very sorry to hear such terrible news. My thoughts are with Micheals family and friends, and with the whole racing community at this saddest of times.

Ian

jodrisc
14-Sep-12, 09:53 PM
Don't you just wish some days you could make it all better??......

My love and best wishes go to the family of Michael Feulner, to all the HCGB members out in Germany attending the World Hovercraft Championships and all those who knew him and raced against him, a very sad day for us all and most of all a very tragic accident! God Bless to all xx

BillSherlock
15-Sep-12, 03:36 AM
I would like to add my condolences to Michael's family and friends, his racing team mates and all who love the sport of racing hovercraft. My thoughts are with you all.

dewis5697
15-Sep-12, 06:44 AM
Very shocked and saddened by the news, deepest sympathies to all Michael's family and friends.

jodrisc
15-Sep-12, 06:58 AM
Willl there be a silence observered at drivers briefing today? If there is could the time be posted on here please, as I and i'm sure many other hovercrafters around the world would wish to join in the mark of respect to a fellow racer and hovercraft enthusiast.... xx

sad day for all

gaz
15-Sep-12, 07:28 AM
A very sad and tragic accident, My thoughts are with all those attending the Championships and especialy Micheals family and friends.

lyne0990
15-Sep-12, 08:19 AM
Sheila and I are so shocked to hear the news from Germany. I know Michael came from a large hovercraft family and our thoughts and prayers are with them at this very tragic time.

I am sure the whole world of hovercraft family will feel this loss very deeply.

With Sadness.

Jim Lyne

Keith Oakley
15-Sep-12, 08:27 AM
Thank you for your condolences. At a time like this its important that the whole hovercraft community come together.

There will be a minutes silence at the end of drivers briefing now. We are live now
Keith

millig4182
15-Sep-12, 09:43 AM
A very sad day for all, our thoughts are with everyone affected.

Regards to all,

Pat, Joe & Steve

Dowster
15-Sep-12, 11:22 AM
Very sad news. Deepest sympathy to all Micheal's family

daly5546
15-Sep-12, 05:39 PM
I would like to add my condolences to Michael's family and friends.

Our thoughts go out to those affected by such loss.

Chris, Diane, Josh, Angus and Alex.

Ian Brooks
16-Sep-12, 08:24 AM
On behalf of the Members and Committee of the Cruising Club I would like to extend our condolences to Michaels family and friends. We were deeply shocked and saddened to hear such terrible news which I know is felt deeply by the Members and by all Hovercraft enthusiasts. Our thoughts are with you at this time.

For the HCC Committee and Members
Ian

follan3641
16-Sep-12, 08:45 AM
Very shocked by this very sad news.
Our condolences and thoughts go out to Michael's family, his friends and all others affected.
A very sad loss

Keith Oakley
16-Sep-12, 09:12 AM
Thanks for all your messages and particularly yours Ian. The sad event has brought everyone together in common grief.

As you can imagine after the accident on friday the mood here was very black, but the drivers, marshalls, family and state officials voted to carry on and with hindsight I think that was the right decision. Yesterdays incident free racing was cathartic and has helped lift the mood considerably. Folk are out there enjoying themselves again, whilst respecting the magnitude of what has happened . The very thorough police investigation has confirmed our safety procedures etc were good and declared it a racing accident.

Keith

Universal Hovercraft
18-Sep-12, 01:31 PM
My condolences to the Feulner family, from the entire Universal Hovercraft team. Our thought's and prayers are with the family.

Bob Zang, Bill Zang & Bob Windt