PDA

View Full Version : Club Cruise - Saturday 8th September

Fishionado
18-Sep-12, 03:15 PM
I've honestly never been out in better weather than last saturday! No wind and the often-moody Medway was glass calm. Even out in the estuary, the only disturbance to the water was wash from the (remarkably scarce!) recreational boats. Its amazing how folks just don't use their toys - if ever there was a day to play, this was it, but I guess 6/gallon takes the edge of enjoying your jetski! And with no wind for theyachts, the river was pretty much our own!

We launched from our usual spot and headed up to the M2 Motorway Bridge at Cuxton, before returning down the river, checking out a few new places en-route. Tide was well down so there was plenty of exploring to be done.

Cruised past the harbour masters launch with a cheery wave from him - even he was smiling in the gorgeous sunshine!

I doubt we'll see a day like this again this year! Absolutely exceptional.

Thanks to all that came along - again, it was an all-Marlin affair of Paul Hayes, Dave Sax, Trevor Dyson (such a cool name for a hovercrafter!) Nelson Wood and myself. Please - lets start seeing some activity from other craft and owners, this isn't an exclusively Fishy affair, it's just that they're the ones who keep showing up!

Next cruise Saturday October 8th- we're going to do an overnight this time. A bit of a new direction, but we'll sling in tents and sleeping bags and travel to a camping spot on an island and return on sunday mornign in time for church. Weather permitting of course! If you're interested, please drop me a line for more details to russATflyingfishhovercraft.co.uk

ANyway, video from last week at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GZqrzVGatc

Regards

Russ

carlathomas
20-Sep-12, 03:29 PM
Let's hope that lots of people join in the cruise in October. :D