PDA

View Full Version : Cost of a hovercraft build.

daly5546
9-Dec-12, 05:07 PM
To encourage youth involvement in hovercraft building, what would be the ideal cost of a project?

Too cheap and it will not create a sense of achievement and ownership to raise the funds.

Too expensive and it will deter anyone from starting a project.

Chris

daly5546
12-Dec-12, 04:55 AM
We have a number of hulls to be used for youth builds.

Do you know of any group of young people who whose project would benefit from the donation of a free hull?

You can PM, email or phone me.

Thanks

Chris

Al
12-Dec-12, 08:41 AM
I am hoping to start a youth project group up here in Scotland if there is enough interest.

I will be contacting the local high school this week to see if they are prepared to either help with starting this group or at least allow me to place an advert on their notice board. I cant believe I'm the only person in the north west of Scotland that has an interest in hovercraft.

I will also be contacting a person I know up here that works with the venture trust as he should be a ble to give me a few pointers on how to go about starting this group.

Funding the build can be done via sponsored walks and other fund raising events which will also help the youths to feel a sense of achievement when the craft is finished as they would have worked and shown initialtive to raise the funds as well as build the craft.

daly5546
23-Dec-12, 07:20 AM
We now have seven hulls available for youth group projects.

Keep up the good work, Al.

Chris

daly5546
8-Jan-13, 06:58 AM

This is the same hull made into a racing machine.

Chris

Roger M
8-Jan-13, 08:27 AM
Is that one you prepared earlier?