PDA

View Full Version : Some Cruising Dates for 2013

Fishionado
2-Jan-13, 06:03 PM
Cruise dates are now confirmed for the weekends below so make sure they’re in your diary! I’m not trying to make these events too ‘grandiose’ – it’s better to have something in the diary, however modest, than try to make events equal the infrastructure of a Race Meeting and miss out dates. Whilst dates are shown for the weekend, some will be ‘officially’ just one day, with an option to stay on if you wish.

Some venues to be confirmed, but at the present time, I can tell you we are definitely going to be holding events at Morecombe Bay, Kent/Essex and Norfolk. We’re confident of another couple of venues as well (that’s not the ‘Royal We’ by the way, I’ve got some help making one or two of them happen!) – and maybe even a French River Cruise, so watch this space!

We’re also planning two or three competitive events to take place within the cruises. The April event will include a point-to-point race on the Saturday morning, thereafter a cruise. We are also waiting confirmation of a venue for a proper ‘mud-race’ just like the good times of 2005/6. This will likely be the May/June event (or both if it proves popular!)

March 23rd/24th - Medway/Swale cruise.
April 20th/21st (Point-to-point race and cruise launching from Long Reach Ski Club, Kent.)
May 18th/19th
June 29th/30th - Morecombe Bay
July 13th/14th
August 24th-26th (Solent Cruise piggybacking the Gang Warily Race Meeting.)
September 28th/29th
October 19th/20th

Where venues are not shown, they will be confirmed in due course and I’m trying hard not to make 2013 as focused on the South-East as 2012, but I need more local help to make events happen in other corners of the country.

Being very busy anyway, without help and local knowledge in other areas, it’s easiest for me to fall back on the great-fun-and-easily-organised Swale/Medway events.

If you wish to ‘grab’ any dates, or add any cruises to the calendar, I’d love to hear from you and I’ll do everything I can to help make it happen.

You can call me on 01304 619820 or email russ -at- flyingfishhovercraft.co.uk

Al
5-Jan-13, 04:18 PM
I would be more than happy to host a weekend cruise up here in north west Scotland near Isle of Skye, but it is probably too far for people to come for a weekend. If there is enough interest then I would be more than happy to use one of the spare dates.

Fishionado
5-Jan-13, 06:22 PM
I would be more than happy to host a weekend cruise up here in north west Scotland near Isle of Skye, but it is probably too far for people to come for a weekend. If there is enough interest then I would be more than happy to use one of the spare dates.

Hi Al

We've recently sold a couple of craft up that way, I'll look the details out and put you in touch. One's west coast somewhere (but can't remeber where) the other was out for the first time on Lock Garry this weekend.

Russ