PDA

View Full Version : Youth group

Al
30-Jan-13, 09:02 PM
I am trying to set up a youth group. It is hoped that eventually the youths will build a hovercraft either from a kit/ hull or plans. The aim of the group is to introduce youths & hopefully their parents / guardians into the world of hovercraft. Because of our location the group will be more focused on the cruising side because we have easy access to the sea. Other areas will be water safety and approprite RYA training courses etc.

I currently have a small cruising craft that has been loaned for use by the youths.

I need help & advice as to how I stand legally?

How I go about getting insurance cover? & what cover I need?

The age group I am looking at is 11 to 20 year olds.

I have a declaration Scotland on myself of the highest security level, which was done by the Scottish Ambulance service (my employers).

daly5546
31-Jan-13, 06:48 AM
Hi Al,

It will be worth contacting the Club Youth Officer, Keith Lovell, who has run the youth team at Bearwood college for several years.

Chris.

Al
31-Jan-13, 10:05 AM
Thanks Chris

Al
31-Jan-13, 10:17 AM
Anyone have the contact details for Keith Lovell? For some reason the members list & map does not open.

daly5546
1-Feb-13, 07:05 AM
Hi Al,

PM sent.

Chris

Ewan Black
1-Feb-13, 07:29 AM
Al, in England safeguarding rules are different to Scotland, but I'll see if I can get electronic copy of the advice we give to youth clubs setting up in Somerset. You will need to check how much is appropriate to you though.

Al
1-Feb-13, 08:28 AM
Thanks Ewan

Fishionado
5-Feb-13, 11:04 AM
Hi Ewan

Please could you forward me a copy too? Might be helpful for an event I'm considering.

Cheers

Russ

Ewan Black
6-Feb-13, 09:43 PM
Al/Russ- PM me your emails and I'll mail you this info

Jonathanstevens
24-Feb-13, 12:22 PM
Dear all. Dad has been running the northamptonshire hovercraft club for a couple of years now. If you contact him he can help!

If you want to see our website it's slightly out of date: northamptonshirehovercraftclub.co.uk

Jonathan Stevens

Al
25-Feb-13, 06:32 PM
Thanks Jonathan