PDA

View Full Version : Ladies Driving Challenge, Huntingdon.

daly5546
3-Apr-13, 06:29 PM
Please see below for a request from The Fire Fighters Charity. If you can help them, please contact Andy Peckham directly.

Thanks

Chris

Dear Sir / Madam

Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Services are jointly hosting their 3rd annual Ladies Driving Challenge (LDC) on Sunday 12 May 2013 at Alconbury Airfield, nr Huntingdon.

The event is a challenge to ladies to raise a minimum of 100 toward the charity in return for a day of numerous driving challenges including driving a fire engine or articulated lorries, agricultural plant and a skid-control car. This has been a very popular event over the past two years and we have raised over 30,000 for the charity but for the first time ever this year, we have sold out and we will have 200 participating ladies at the event that are all adventurous and excited about their challenge.

The LDC is a great way to have fun and fund raise at the same time. For the event to be successful I need to find exciting and challenging vehicles and as such I would like to invite you to be part of the day. The bigger the vehicle the better they always go down with our ladies!

The event succeeds because we are privileged to be supported by a number of local and national companies who provide vehicles and instructors for free to make the day so hugely enjoyable. This year my colleagues and I aim to raise more than 20,000 in a single day thanks to the hard work of our participating ladies and the good will and support of our business partners.

We encourage you to promote your company or event to our 200 ladies and will have goody bags available for you to include merchandise and leaflets into.

If you feel you can assist in any way contact me at ldc@bedsfire.com and I will happily provide you with more details. You may also be interested in looking at the details provided on the following links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qivdXP6nYVI
www.firefighterscharity.org.uk

Kind regards,

Andy Peckham
Deputy Regional Cooordinator, The Fire Fighters Charity
Bedfordshire Fire and rescue Service
07795 038870