PDA

View Full Version : Live from Magnolls

Keith Oakley
4-May-13, 11:35 AM
Welcome to the first race meeting of the 2013 season from Magnolls Farm near Blackburn Lancashire. We're still setting up cameras etc but we expect to open with live video coverage of the practise stating around 1400 UK time.
Join us on www.hover-racing.org (http://www.hover-racing.org)

Keith

Fishionado
4-May-13, 01:57 PM
Do you have a list of times for races? Keith?

Ta Emma

drew1712
4-May-13, 02:20 PM
Oh no! Whose idea was commentator cam?

Baz Hunt
4-May-13, 02:56 PM
Hi Keith et al in the van. There appears to be a second mic live in the van. Background conversation can be heard with the main mic off.

sweetm2369
4-May-13, 03:16 PM
Hi Graham / Keith,
Sounds like you have got the BBC Radiophonics workshop doing the sound:-)
FYI - No.130 is Dan Sweetman in Novices, Geoff Sweetman in Formula they will be a Team when Dan qualifies.

AndyCollins
4-May-13, 03:21 PM
Hi Graham,

It's looking good up there. Great racing. wish we were there.

BTW...
There is an open mic somewhere in the van. Even when you switch off the main mic, we can still hear you in the background.

Cheers,

Andy.

drew1712
4-May-13, 03:27 PM
Nick Drew is being a bit of a light weight and has gone on honeymoon. In mitigation they are going to the Spanish GP next weekend.

sweetm2369
4-May-13, 03:46 PM
Since you stopped talk back the sound is better, but Graham's commentary is comming over fuzzy.
Enjoying the action, carry on the good work!

Keith Oakley
4-May-13, 05:47 PM
Sorry about the teething bugs today - particularly with sound. Coverage should restart at 1115 sunday, with first race scheduled to start at 1130.
Keith

Scuba Kev
5-May-13, 09:20 AM
In mitigation they are going to the Spanish GP next weekend.

Gits! :p

Enjoy..... see you both at Nottingham

Scuba Kev
5-May-13, 09:32 AM
can someone sneak into the paddock and disconnect Wayne Hills engine temperature gauge without him seeing.. because he is worrying that its getting too hot and pulling out of the races, I've tried telling him it's fine all the time it's running and only a problem when the engine siezes! steam is a give away too but as his craft is not having either symptoms he should be driving it like he stole it!

Oh and if he catches you fiddling with his craft just say that I came up with a solution to his problem and couldn't get hold of him...................... then run away very fast! :D

LittlePaul
5-May-13, 11:02 AM
Live video feed is good! ELS feed not working?

LittlePaul
5-May-13, 11:05 AM
Live video feed is good! ELS feed not working?

As if by magic, nice one :)

spoke too soon. doh

Keith Oakley
5-May-13, 12:00 PM
We've got an intermittent fault on ELS lap chart feed. Sound won't be brill but is it ok?
Keith

Scuba Kev
5-May-13, 12:38 PM
sound as it is Keith isn't too bad, the camera work at times is ****** well lets just say I'm shouting at the screen, when you direct the cameraman to focus on a particular craft it's much better! what is really annoying is when 3 craft are all close fighting for position and one breaks down or pulls off with a problem... I don't wish to see a stationary craft but the other 2 that are having a good race

Keith Oakley
5-May-13, 12:53 PM
Thats very understandable! Our regular Video Director is off-duty so yesterday Graham did it as well as commentate (which is really challenging -try reading 5 computer screens at once) and today I've done it alongside Graham and I'm no good at it! Although I would plead we have only got talkback working to one camera so we can't actual 'direct' the other 2. Hopefully we'll get better.
On the plus side our 'Info' onsite information service to smartphones is working well.
Keith

Scuba Kev
5-May-13, 01:23 PM
I'll be at Nottingham, I can bring a video camera you can borrow if you need another one, it's a sony thats only 5yrs old but not HD

Keith Oakley
5-May-13, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the offer but at present we've got enough cameras - the prob is enough camerafolk - and a decent video director!
Keith

Hovercam
5-May-13, 02:24 PM
Hi Guys, thanks for your coverage of Magnolls. Been watching a while now from Coulon in France. Just got to say the audio is a bit confusing as camera direction appears to be broadcast as well as commentary.

Paul Taylor (Hovercam)

Keith Oakley
5-May-13, 02:38 PM
Yep thats an unwanted new feature! - result of a wiring prob in new video desk.
Hope its warmer with you
Keith

Keith Oakley
6-May-13, 08:04 AM
Wonderful sunny morning today!! Our coverage should start at 1120 in time for first race at 1130
Keith

Baz Hunt
6-May-13, 10:36 AM
Currently sounds as though the cast of The Clangers has joined the commentary team. Not a pleasant sound at all.

Keith Oakley
6-May-13, 10:49 AM
Is that any better?
Keith

hibbar4000
6-May-13, 12:01 PM
Tuned in from Singapore. Thanks for the good work live broadcast team!
Paul

hibbar4000
6-May-13, 12:08 PM
Note to Keith - sound is not working that well - still lots of feedback, but video is fine.

Baz Hunt
6-May-13, 12:37 PM
Hi Keith. Sorry for the late response (Been out and about). It's currently Paddock open and I can still hear them Clangers. Is the problem with the outside "Ambiance" mic as I can still hear the craft passing and it seems to get worse then?

Baz Hunt
6-May-13, 12:42 PM
Or possibly a mic on one of the cameras?

Keith Oakley
6-May-13, 01:59 PM
Main prob is a fault on laptop soundcard, which I can't fix here.
Keith

Baz Hunt
6-May-13, 02:20 PM
Ah, OK. Good luck with fixing it.

Baz Hunt
6-May-13, 03:07 PM
Thanks Webcast Team. All the effort you put in is much appreciated by those of us that can't attend for whatever reason.