PDA

View Full Version : Grez Neuville Live this weekend

Keith Oakley
7-Jun-13, 01:13 PM
Greetings from a sunny and very hot Grez Neuville where craft are arriving from all over Europe, including 14 craft from the UK, for an exciting weekend of European Racing.

Internet access seems ok so Graham Nutt and I will bring you live coverage starting around 1300 European time (1200 UK BST) on saturday at www.hover-racing.org (http://www.hover-racing.org)

Keith

The Dragon
7-Jun-13, 05:34 PM
Sorry not to be there too, missing daddy already love Maia xxxx

Keith Oakley
8-Jun-13, 09:42 AM
Greetings from an overcast Grez Neuville where racing is due to start at 1340 local, 1240 UK BST.
We have 50 drivers entered including 15 from the UK, 17 from France, 7 Germany, 7 Sweden, 1 Austria, 3 from Italy.

Keith

datkins
8-Jun-13, 10:24 AM
looking forward to it

datkins
8-Jun-13, 11:38 AM
Pictures look good and background sound fine from here, how I'll get any work done is another thing

Keith Oakley
8-Jun-13, 11:39 AM
We're now live but practise has overrun and I think racing will start about 30mins late - around 1410 (1310UK)
Keith

sweetm2369
8-Jun-13, 02:04 PM
Looking good keep up the good work!
Enjoying your coverage!
Derek Sweetman

coles2196/01
8-Jun-13, 02:06 PM
Just 'turned on' in time to see F1 race. I (Gill) am now off to the TV to watch show jumping from London!

wcastendijk
8-Jun-13, 02:40 PM
have fun and thanks for the broadcast!

datkins
8-Jun-13, 02:45 PM
Any word on what happened to Ricky and Bernie?

gcsweetman
8-Jun-13, 02:48 PM
Hi Kieth
looking good only seen a couple of races, not sure how much help you've got but maybe put 2 cameras satic on looking down the lake and lake exit, and try if poss to man the land cameras, the sound is very good and picture pretty good for the signal you have. back to the welding now
Geoff Sweetman

datkins
8-Jun-13, 03:05 PM
From Graham on commentary, Ricky melted a piston! as had bernie in practice, seems all uk drivers suffering with high ethanol content of the french petrol, lets hope its not wine

catherine
8-Jun-13, 03:41 PM
yay.....back in time to watch the second FS race

datkins
8-Jun-13, 04:04 PM
looks like we need to ship some shell V Power out!

catherine
8-Jun-13, 04:42 PM
well done Sasha......thanks for the coverage guys...occasionally it freezes but then picks up again....enjoy the partying tonight.....see you next weekend

JEddy
8-Jun-13, 04:52 PM
Is Conrad in a completely new craft or has it had a respray?

datkins
8-Jun-13, 04:56 PM
thanks for coverage, suspect your getting starved of bitrate now and then!

Keith Oakley
8-Jun-13, 05:30 PM
Yes the internet connection isn't brilliant! But hey we are in rural France several miles from nearest small town, and I suspect several large trees are in the way plus audience of several thousand busy using mobiles may not have helped!! Tried to transmit at 500kbits (normally its 800) but system auto slowed several times to 300.

Glad you all enjoyed it - I think most of the wounded british craft have been repaired.

Our cameras today have also fed a large screen for the public, since they can't see most of the course directly. Tomorow there are some professional cameras coming to feed the screen and we hope to be able to use those pics too. That'll help cos we are running with about half the team we normally have and Graham is having to do both commentary and video direction.

Racing is scheduled to start tomorrow at 1340 (1240 UK BST)

Keith

datkins
8-Jun-13, 05:39 PM
cool, thanks again, has got me thinking about the bitrate issue though....

daddy goose
9-Jun-13, 09:37 AM
Daddy goose and Mother goose watching intently to see junior goose doing what he does best , best wishers to all drivers have a great time

Keith Oakley
9-Jun-13, 09:48 AM
Overcast and cooler today so everyone busy changing carburettor jets. Racing scheduled to start at 1340 (1240 UK BST) Everyone is enjoying the laidback format (and wine) that characterises a euro event.
Our camera coverage today is coming from the professional team who are feeding the big screen onsite - yesterday they used our coverage as they only had one camera available. So look out for some great pics plus Grahams commentary, and the odd french advertissement. On the downside the internet uplink is still not brill but we are recording into the can at high quality for subsequent replay (for david its 1500 kb, 640/480, H264/MP3)

Keith

datkins
9-Jun-13, 10:05 AM
good to hear, did not want top suggest to avoid stress!, wondered if we could embed a facebook page on replays so we can chat live....

datkins
9-Jun-13, 10:13 AM
Keith got a live chat script you could put on the page which would allow messages live on the site, not sure its the time to do it but worth a look, will email html to you, will PM as well

Keith Oakley
9-Jun-13, 11:23 AM
Ok inflight mod done - courtesy of David Atkins there is now a chat page lower down the page below the live video pic. Refresh the page to get the new version.
When you've signed in type your message and press carriage return/enter to get your entry up.
Don't rely on us spotting your post instantly - but it is a way of getting the chat going.

Keith

catherine
9-Jun-13, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the coverage, I've been working all afternoon updating children's files, with the racing on the lap top, listening and watching when I get chance....it felt just like an afternoon in race control with the constant hovercraft noise.......

catherine
9-Jun-13, 04:29 PM
The Lewendon's also say thank you....they've been glued all afternoon

Keith Oakley
9-Jun-13, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Hope you enjoyed it. A great weekends racing with all the pots well distributed across the countries. Particular congrats to Chris Barlow for his first in Fs and Leah Clarke for her 2nd in juniors. Results should be on the team Anjou website in a day or so.
See you all at Cholmondeley next weekend

Keith

The Dragon
9-Jun-13, 06:42 PM
Thanks Keith,we only managed to get online for the prize giving but with your and Graham's efforts it was worth the smile on Maia's face to see daddy waving to her.
I'm glad you had a good weekend too x

Keith Oakley
10-Jun-13, 07:21 AM
Glad you enjoyed the weekend. Cathy Godicheau has now posted the results at http://grez2013.anjou-aeroglisseur.com/resultats-09-06-13.htm (http://grez2013.anjou-aeroglisseur.com/resultats-09-06-13.htm)

See you at Chumley

Keith

Keith Oakley
12-Jun-13, 06:18 PM
Both the points tables and the laptimes are now available at http://grez2013.anjou-aeroglisseur.com/results.php

Keith