Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First water test

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default First water test

OK so I want to take the craft to the dam this weekend, I have been cruiseing around our local rugby field for some time now and am, well sick of sircles. I know it does'nt leak because when full of water, the water stays inside, so I am pritty shure it will float. I hope.

What would be a good routine of tests to do?

I was thinking enter water and stop close to shore and see if it floats for a start but would like a list of tests, any sugestions.

Default Re: First water test

Going on/off water is pretty straightforward just make sure initially you keep moving and don't stop on the water

if you stop on the water 'getting over the hump' is your biggest challenge and should be practised

if you stop and then try to get going again you will find the craft may well be trapped as the pressure underneath the skirt causes a 'dish' in the water and you have to get over the lip of it

the way off the hump is to lean as far over the front as possible and give it full throttle, sometimes a rocking motion can also help - you should feel the craft suddenly 'pop up' and start hovering again - whilst it is on the hump you will get excessive spray

Once you've mastered going on/off the water try getting over the hump - some craft do it no problem, some (mainly under-powered craft) can struggle but it's an art you have to master !! - we've all been there

Good luck, let us know how you get on

Tony

Thanks, I have got the adjustable splitter and I think the 503 has the power, so is this rite?

Splitter fully closed for more thrust, weight far forward and give it all she's got...

Next question.

Is it better to go onto land from water, streight or sideways?, I thaught to prevent the nose hitting the ground and breaking my craft, sideways.

Next question.

If it sinks, what kind of damage can I expect to find inside the engine and how would I go about gettin going again.?

PS: I hope that this never happens...

wear a life jacket!!

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do it stage by stage.

Find some shallow water (near the bank) and stop the craft without stopping the engine (low revs - to allow you to get going quickly if it does start to take in water). Sit there for a few minutes and if everything is OK stop the engine and sit there for longer.

Don't let it sink and good luck!

Richard E

As far as the splitter goes i'd just experiment - yes you need thrust to get over the hump but you also need lift - i'd try splitter fully open first

i've never seen a 503 struggle to get over the hump

Tony

Thats good to kno

How'z about on water hovering, what am I to expect and what should the craft attitude be, eg. nose up or level etc.?

Also, what do I do in the event of a plough in?

Cant wait till Sunday..

PS: this is the 4th time I am typing this, wvery time I klick on a slilie I loos all my text.