Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it all worth it???

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Re: Is it all worth it???

Is that an ali or steel engine cradle and fan frame?

That thing looks pretty good

Dunc

You think itss good? really?! im still worried about it though, especially the shape of it at the front!

Its a steel frame, but its been painted/ sprayed. There are some bits of it that are ali though. The picture was taking in the last week at the place it was being sprayed at, so we have only had that space for a week! and yes it was luxury!

That looks fantastic.

It was worth it... when you go to interview, it will be the most important thing you did. I have found that the graduate engineers who come with practical experience such as this hit the ground running, and I now give it a higher weighting in the interview than the academic stuff.

Ian

Very nice, well done girls, you can be proud of that.

Plus just think of how good the skirt is going to look, you dames are a lot better with the needle than us blokes, I am more the one to hide in a corner when it comes to outright looks, yours is beautiful.

Again Great job.

Yay!!!

It hovered! Between the down pours we managed to get it up and running, looked stunning, just ashame we cant keep it now!!!

Thanks for everyones helpful advice, im so pleased it worked!

Charlie x

Congratulations

its always great first time running up a new hover and seeing how well it works.

have you crashed it yet

I raced hovers before uni and i found the practicals skills gained very useful during and was advised (by a potential empolyer) to do a practical project that is hands on and get the skills and a 2:1 rather than a 1st.

so i did Formula student ended up working shifts in the workshop till 4am etc. and it was definately worth it.

now in grad program using more practical skills than theory. you forget theorey but it is alwase in a book, practical skills are in no books.

good luck with the rest of your degree

John B

Congratulations,

Now, you just have to join a demonstration or race event to learn how to drive it safely.

Find yourself a good friend to teach you on an old one very stable, even a twin engine, it could be a shame to present a master work with a band aid on the nose ( you or the craft )

And I count on you, girls , to give hovering a fashion way, like matching lifejacket and gear colours to craft.

See my girlfriend in action ( green and purple craft and gear )

[edited by Andy C. Picture too big.]
    Attached Images Attached Images

HI

To many engineers these days forget that people have to work on and repair their creations in the future, just remember how many times you swore and knocked skin of your hands as you built this and you will turn out to be a fine engineer its the ones that forget the pain that turn out the worst. Good luck in your future profession.

John