Thread: body armour

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default body armour

Hi everyone,

I thought about getting some body armour for this season but there seems to be so much out there at various prices I was just wondering if anyone could shed any light on the differences in types. Are there any makes I should avoid, or any particularly good ones?

Cheers

Nick

Default Re: body armour

Nick - i've gone for some downhill mountain bike stuff made by 661, called a pressure suit (not the assault pressure suit) dianese also make similar, i know at least one other hoverer who's used it and likes it - i think i paid about 120

it's not as rigid as the moto x stuff and is vest like with the pads attached, it also has a spinal protector

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk do mail order

Tony

Default Re: body armour

I just came on to put up a link to a company I've been shopping at today, and found your posting:

http://www.dirtbikestore.co.uk/acata...keStore_com_Bo dy_Armour_8.html

Their own brand roost jacket is one of the best I've seen and is articulated to avoid abdominal bruising (plus at a very good price), but the extreme is fabulous value, you hardly know you're wearing it and it's half the price of Dainese

Having raced DH mountain bikes, I know what a lot of those guys are wearing and this type of suit gives freedom of movement for very little more than a traditional deflector. Can't recommend them enough