Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!! Need "Snoopy II" information

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Help!! Need "Snoopy II" information

Hello All,

I built a Snoopy II hovercraft about 20 years ago. I purchased the plans from Hoverservices in Wallingford, Oxfordshire, Oxon. Unfortunately when I sold the craft, I gave the buyer the blueprints.

Recently I was able to find the same plans on Ebay, being sold as a "generic" craft but I remembered enough to know that this was the identical planset .. except that the seller provided only a B-size set of plans instead of the full size prints. This was ok except that whoever made this new set of B-size copies did a poor job of copying and cut off several dimensions.

I am able to derive many of the hull dimensions from other dim's on the pages but I am at a loss for the skirt dimensions and outlines.

Does anyone have access to the Snoopy II plans or, can anyone supply me with the missing dimensions and possibly a tracing of the skirt patterns?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Scott

Default Re: Help!! Need "Snoopy II" information

Hover services' address and contacts can be found under "suppliers" on the main site
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you!

I have written to Hoverservices a few times in the past and gotten no replies. I didn't know if Graham was still doing hovercraft or not. Possibly old leftover articles and addresses. I did, however, write him again just 2 days ago. Hopefully he will respond this time.

Again, thank you.

He's still involved, but hoverservices is very much a side line for him- mybe try ringing the number given

Yes we built one as well at Heles school 27 years ago. When watching Salvage Squad they had one one on display at the hovercraft museum with a full skirt. You could possibly get diamentions from them.

Kevin, thanks for the reply. I'm in New York state, USA and don't know what Heles School is or how to contact them. Can you help with that? E-mail or postal address?

Also, 27 years?? I guessed when I said 20 years ago. Mine was likely 20+ years as well. Time does fly, doesn't it??

Is this the the design of the craft? We called it a nimbus. I will be going to the hovercraft museum in the summer. If its the craft I will try and get a patern of the skirt segment.

That is it identically, except mine has the single 31" rear fan. But yes, same craft. Thanks!!