Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TZR help required

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default Re: TZR help required

thanks for the help guys , lets see if i can address each one in turn tho

1, compression test has been done and showed just over 100psi on each cylinder

2, exhaust came with the craft when i bought it so i wouldn't know , but they both seem identical ( if that helps )

3,reed valves appear to be ok , i'll order new one just incase tho

just a thought tho now you mention it , i have just had the carbs rebuilt and new needle valves put in , but then again swapping the carbs over didn't solve the problem either

4,i can find the pipe that comes off the reed valve case and the pipe joins to the other reed valve case ( is this correct ? )

hope this info helps out

im just sooooo frustrated now cus i know its almost there !

DAZ
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello Daz,

If the engine has been totaly rebuilt I would check the following

1 Compression test - both cylinders should be equal. (pull the engine over three times on each cylinder to build the pressure)

2 Remove Carbs and check that *ALL* the jets are fitted. (Note the mainjet sizes and needle positions) Blow all galleries through.

3 Check that the needles are in the same position on each carb.

4 Check that the floats are working and adjusted correctly

5 Check that the fuel lines are clear.

6 Check the carb in-line filters are clear if fitted

7 Remove the Reed blocks and check the valves

8 Remove the exhausts and check that they are not blocked.

9 Check that both pistons are fitted the correct way round.

10 Check for any sign of fuel leaking at crankcase or gasket joints.

11 Check for potential air leaks on the inlet rubbers.

12 Check that the power valve seals have been fitted.

13 With the engine reasembled check that the throttle slides are balanced.

If the engine is not running on both (one exhast cold) a large quantity of fuel will collect in the crancase and exhaust unless little or no air is passing through the cylinder, this is usually evident when fuel drips from the exhaust connection. The plug will be wet. If this is not the case, it is more likely fuel starvation than electrical.

After checking the above make sure that both float bowls are full and start it. Run it at a fast idle. Pull the *non-working* plug-cap off to check if it *is* running or not. (gloves recommended :o/ ) If the engine runs unaltered, Insert a screwdriver into the plug-cap and check for a spark between the screwdriver and a handy earth (e.g. Cylinder head stud).

This should determine if everything is in order mechanically and determine if the problem is fuel or electrical.

hi ya paul , thanks for the info , i removed the exhaust today and found it blocked , i cleared it out and retried it ............its WORKS !

she hovered and almost fell off the trailer , i stopped it and took it off the trailer , ran it again and flew up the car park turned round and flew back again ! my first time in a hover .....im now very aware that you have no brakes and very little steering ! infact i ended up in the road ! ( its on an industrail estate so no traffic around luckily )

thanks again to all who helped out , just need to learn how to control it now ! ( in a field i think next time tho )

im sooooooooo happy now , my first time , i'll never forget it !!!!!!

DAZ

Well done daz i am very proud of you enjoy your test runs.Cant wait for my first run GOOD LUCK DAZ

cheers for that , must say tho its quite weird and going to take alot of getting use to ......still hoping to race it tho so alot of practice required

DAZ

Good job

find a big field with nothing to hit - keep an eye on your plug colour to gauge how your new engine is performing - once it is warmed up hold it at max revs for a few seconds and cut the ingnition - the plugs should be a colour beteewn a rich tea biscuit and a bourbon

Tony

Well done DAZ.

Don't forget that the big difference between a novice with a self-build and a novice with a bought craft is that the self builder will spend their first few races not just learning how to drive the thing but also working out what mods are required to make it reliable!

Richard E.

cheers for the encouragement guys , cant wait to go out again now , might just be able to tonight tho hopefully , failing that im def out tomorrow night no matter what !

DAZ

p.s , i feel like a dog with 2 #@*%$ , i cant stop thinking about it now or talking about it , i take it this is normal then .....vey addictive