Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: plan choice

Less than 10 posts so far! USER IS NOT AVAILABLE

Default plan choice

Ive been looking at plans and it seems to be between a viper and eagle as i cant find any others apart from on ebay and not sure how good they are, which is the best to go for, ive never raced before and need to start somewhere, whittlesey is only down the road so may wait until then to join up,

Default Re: plan choice

Im think the vipers are larger craft aimed at cruising so your best bet is the Eagle out of your two. A very recent eagle is Ian Finch's craft 83 and it goes! (see recent pics on hovercraftvideo.co.uk)

A cheaper way to get into racing would be to buya secondhand craft but if like me you enjoy the building as well then go for a nice eagle.

Pete

many thanks for reply, it seems like the eagle is the only choice available then, so i guess its that, unless i can find a s/hand craft but dont seem to be many around.

richard.

Hi Horus

If your interested i was just about to place an advert for a shaft drive f3 with a tzr 920mm thrust duct and 560mm lift craft is fast but won't beat the rs powered crafts it ready to race so you could be racing at whittlesey price is 1500 I also have another that needs work but yours for 600

Geoff

Paul Fitzpatrick produced a good set of plans for a single person craft...Called the venom scorpion if I remember corectly.....That might be a suitable alternative to the eagle?!?

Buying a second hand and doing it up might be better if you actualy want to play with it this side of christmas...

Dunc

many thanks ive seen them in a link of this site and it said download free plans, but once i click it says to purchase them, so will try and get a s/hand craft if not build over winter.

If you still like the idea of building a wooden craft then you can come see mine- mine is kept the other side of the motorway from you and i can also get you in touch witha few other people who are (good!)wood builders.

pm me

If you are not prepared to pay for a set of plans try this site.

http://pascal.lepicier.free.fr/aeroloire/enweb050.htm

Here you can download free plans for a french designed craft. There is however little by way of a build manual or instructions.